Leona shouldn't have been designed as a support champion. We need to fix her passive.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshyo

01-07-2013

Thresh, by looks alone, looks incredibly boring.

NightVicious

01-07-2013

The other supports I have that I play in other roles are Nunu, Morg, Kayle, and Nid. These came out before the role of support was fully accepted, and thus now that the meta MUST HAVE a support, I feel that the general diversity of champions' play styles have suffered. Here's hoping I can enjoy jungleing with this spectral masterpiece as well =)

blackice64

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Considering they implemented more items in direct correlation to jungling, maybe they will listen to the voice of the people, but that is only if they feel necessary to buff Leona. I would think she is partially off of Riot's plans, based on how many champions they are releasing. Perhaps more item/passive interactions will be added as season three progresses?

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Bump for justice?

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

bump

Rubidium

01-25-2013

bump

Hentai Des

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
She doesnt have to be played support, blitz is meant to be a bruiser yet everyone plays him support same with lux and zyra. She just does support the best out of all the roles so thats where people take her.
i jungle blitz and it works perfectly lol

Morello

Lead Designer

01-26-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Leona's not a support champion, but plays the support role - there's a difference.

Leona's design is to be a tank and initiator. She is not designed to do respectable damage, and I think it would muddy what's unique about the character. The state of where she's valuable puts her into bottom lane for optimization.

If the live team is OK with it, I have no problem seeing her jungle, but I would be opposed to seeing her be a damage dealer.

Mystic Blue Fox

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Leona's not a support champion, but plays the support role - there's a difference.

Leona's design is to be a tank and initiator. She is not designed to do respectable damage, and I think it would muddy what's unique about the character. The state of where she's valuable puts her into bottom lane for optimization.

If the live team is OK with it, I have no problem seeing her jungle, but I would be opposed to seeing her be a damage dealer.
Why not just allow her to only proc her passive for minions and monsters only then? Not champions, then she still retains needing a team member to fully dish out her damage and gives her a little wiggle room in the meta.

Mïkêy

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Her in the jungle would be okay I think because the ganks would be really good, but tanks shouldn't have crazy dps so her damage to champions is fine with the amount of CC i think she has