Preseason 3 Digi-Art Throwdown Happening Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaTTcom

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE BOY View Post
IKR ....consolation prizes for all the try-hardies out there riot pls :3

Who knows maybe a cookie ...maybe an icon ..maybe a banner or something for all those try-hard submissions <3

The try-hardies got no <3 last couple contests :C

I support the Riot Cookies idea wholeheartedly.

I love cookies, they're like little discs of LOVE.

b4ckstr33t

01-25-2013

Ugh, it makes my picture look terrible

Enter ALL the pictures!

Killen4fun

01-25-2013

I literally LMAO'd at the Blitzcrank/Alistar Fusion Dance hahahaha.

Blitzstar?
Alicrank?

ahahaha. Epic.

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

MaTTcom, it's great to see you posting here. I always look forward to your pictures, because there's been a definite upward trend in progress ever since you took on the relatively thankless job of "artistic voice of the forumites".

I love the improvements, and the picture is both whimsical and epic. I love the tiny details, themes, and overall tone (Amumu getting a Twin Shadows, and teaching them to find friends is seriously original and awesome).

To hear/see/read you working with RIOT is awesome, and I'd really be interested in learning more about your experiences there and with MsPudding/any other artists/RIOTeers.

I suppose the coolest thing about seeing your work is the idea that my work will someday improve as well. I have zero color sense, and there's a rigidity to my anatomy that dispels any illusion of flexibility that could be seen. With that in mind, I strive to improve in all areas, and to see someone who is constantly improving (such as yourself), it gives me hope.

Thank you, once again for being a vocal and visual force of good on the forums, I'm looking forward to the day that your name is in red.

+brofist

Calypsx

01-25-2013

Why isn't Karma in that pic?

Animationhac

01-25-2013

Wish I could join in. I live in Arizona, which is not allowed to apply... Sucks to suck.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-25-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE BOY View Post
Consolation prizes for all the try-hardies out there riot pls :3

Who knows maybe a cookie ...maybe an icon ..maybe a banner or something for all those try-hard submissions <3

The try-hardies got no <3 last couple contests :C
We actually sent out THOUSANDS of consolation prizes and personal messages for the Songs of the Summoned III and Comic LoLz contest.

UnstoppableTank

01-25-2013

Dat mundo drinking the water of iceborn gauntlet, amumu using twin shadows on fed teemo.

Riceroll

01-25-2013

can i please draw it instead of using a computer.
I really suck at drawing on the computer

MaTTcom

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
MaTTcom, it's great to see you posting here. I always look forward to your pictures, because there's been a definite upward trend in progress ever since you took on the relatively thankless job of "artistic voice of the forumites".

I love the improvements, and the picture is both whimsical and epic. I love the tiny details, themes, and overall tone (Amumu getting a Twin Shadows, and teaching them to find friends is seriously original and awesome).

To hear/see/read you working with RIOT is awesome, and I'd really be interested in learning more about your experiences there and with MsPudding/any other artists/RIOTeers.

I suppose the coolest thing about seeing your work is the idea that my work will someday improve as well. I have zero color sense, and there's a rigidity to my anatomy that dispels any illusion of flexibility that could be seen. With that in mind, I strive to improve in all areas, and to see someone who is constantly improving (such as yourself), it gives me hope.

Thank you, once again for being a vocal and visual force of good on the forums, I'm looking forward to the day that your name is in red.

+brofist
+brofist/respek knuckles : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZSBEi9afo

Thanks so much for the kind words! That really means a lot

My experience with Riot has been great and im supremely lucky and honored to have such opportunities. They invited me down to the office and the events for the season 2 world championships and were INCREDIBLY generous with everything. I got to meet a ton of Rioters who were nice enough to hang out, answer questions and show me lots of really amazing things. All the pros were milling about the area, along with other community folk/content providers like Travis Gafford, Sjokz, SivHD and Scarra so I got a chance to get to know a little bit about a lot of really admirable people.

Ive also had the opportunity to collaborate with IronStylus as well as Ms.Pudding and both are tremendously astute at providing very constructive feedback and advice that has helped me to make huge strides in my progression as an artist. And that is really the key to improving; feedback. I started by throwing skin ideas on the forums and reading what people had to say and went from there. While the internet isn't exactly the best place for "constructive" criticism it does provide an immense amount of information on how to improve. Learning how to distill that information into adjustments in technique and your own perception of your work takes a little time but its kind of like swimming; you just have to dive in. Surround yourself with it and you get used to it!

Thanks again for the feedback and i hope my reply was at least a little bit helpful