Jungle Elise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

11-15-2012

My biggest problem with Elise jungle (And why I don't play her in the jungle) are items.

RoA is expensive, and though I love building it on lane Elise, in the jungle it just takes too long to pick up unless you get multiple successful ganks off.

When S3 comes out and they release more AP jungle items, I'll play her in the jungle again, but for now, I'll take a break.

TheOneMillion

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidgeno View Post
I generally start with armor and 5 pots. Starting with W first. W human form on wolves then switch to spider, W again

I like to rush lichbane first, it gives a huge damage spike... i m new with her, but as far as i played i m pretty successful, any advice is welcome
You are better off just grabbing the sheen and letting that sit until you actually get a decent amount of AP before upgrading. Lichbane first will usually amount to around 10-20 extra damage from the proc at the cost of 2200 gold -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
RUNES:
Red - AS will surely be best for early jungle start and still useful later. Mpen is better vs enemy champs though.
Yellow - flat armor is mandatory.
blue - flat AP is taken by some for slightly better early results. I'd still take MR/lvl though.
quints: flat AP is pretty efficient in quints and pretty worthwhile. Wont boost your %dmg Qs vs creeps though unless u have enough to round up.
Actually any spells that are % that scale do infact scale off of any amount of AP / AD gotten, even if the % still shows 0. Grabbing 16(.5) AP on elise will cause her Q to do an extra 0.5% of their health, but will show (0%). Likewise, getting one more AP, to bring it to 17, will make it show (1%) extra damage, but will actually only deal about 0.54% more damage.

Guy on a bus

12-12-2012

Ok, bringing this thread back to life as to not make a new one. I have a couple of questions about elise mechanics for jungling.

1. If I get spell vamp what exactly gives me life back? Spiderlings? basic attacks? Only QW? TLDR: spell vamp worth it?
2. At what point should I go to dragon? I was trying it out for the first time, went at lvl 8 but didn't really cut it.

Guy on a bus

12-12-2012

bump

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

In season 3 Ive had the best luck with 21 offense, 8 defense, 1 util. I tried Utility for the 525g start (machette/pouch) but clear was too slow. Defense sucks too as no more good utility from MS or CDR, just junk that doesnt help with jungling.

I take 4 in Attack Speed, 1 MPen, then all the usual Havoc and AP masteries. Take 3 in armor, 2 in minion dmg reduction, 1 bladed armor, 1 imp smite, 1 in health/lvl.

For Runes, I go with Attack Speed reds, armor flat yellows, MR/lvl blue, flat AP quints. The AP does boost your onhit dmg, spiderling dmg, spidernuke, and a bit extra from your humanform Q nuke.

I start Machette and 5 pots... though really I only use 2 or 3 of them. Pots last her a long time. Tempting to buy a ward but 2 pots doesnt give much room for error.

Do teh usual: Start with W, bomb the wolves, spiderform beat em down. Go Blue. Wraiths, 2golems, red.
Your spiders will TANK much of the damage youd take.

I upgrade machette to Stone which adds some MP5 and boosts all dmg sources. Then get Ruby to Haunted Guise.

Skills: Get Q at level 2. Start as human, Q, then Wbomb. Then spiderform, Q, W. Max W first. It boost your AoE from the Bomb and good vs champs, plus increases your clear speed and lifesteal by boosting you and your spiders.

Dustpartical

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
I've seen a few guides, but doing custom I can't figure out what items to start with and then what items to build around that starting item.

I'm going without a leash, but she seems to take a lot of damage early. I've seen guides with boots, regrowth pendant, cloth armor, vamp scepter, I mean all kinds of different items. I just can't figure out which is best for her, as she still seems to take quite a bit of damage early.
Personally I prefer to get cloth armor and 5 hp pots then build a Wriggles lantern then go for a frozen heart. Once i got my tankiness i go for AP items. Hope this helps!

Dustpartical

01-24-2013

Quote:
You can still simulate a leash by taking HEAL instead of Flash. Its custom vs bots right? So who cares?

you can try various combinations of the following:

RUNES:
Red - AS will surely be best for early jungle start and still useful later. Mpen is better vs enemy champs though.
blue - flat AP is taken by some for slightly better early results. I'd still take MR/lvl though.
quints: flat AP is pretty efficient in quints and pretty worthwhile. Wont boost your %dmg Qs vs creeps though unless u have enough to round up.

MASTERY: 21 offense will net lots of free AP. Marginally useful for jungling.
21 defense I think is better. you get the extra health, CDR, Movespeed. Much better sustainability for jungling.
I'd avoid Utility as 9 pts for longer buff duration (that you only really get once or twice) isnt worth it.

ITEMS:
Its gonna be CLOTH+5pots or BOOTS+3 right? Try boots+3first with the most optimal jungling rune/mastery sets and see if her W speedbooster/healer is enough sustain to get thru 1 round of jungling. If no dice, go cloth+5.

Remember, start human, Spiderbomb, then goto Spiderform to get your 1 spiderling and duke it out. At level 2 take Q and start hman, use both spelss, spider to get TWO spiderlings. You probably just stayin Spider form for the rest of the time once your bluebuff is out. You keep your spiders and your spider abilities are sufficient (we hope) to kill quickly. Saving mana for ganks.

Heres a stonewall vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1NMBl9do8

Maxing your W early should give enough health recovery to jungle well.

For items you will go AD (yuck), AS/onhit (maybe), or tanky AP (best). Rylais gives health, AP, and a really important snare. Abyssal for MR is desirable and Frozen Heart is excellent armor, mana, and fat CDR for moar spam. Catalyst/RoA is tempting too due to the nice sustain granted.
Malady gives efficient AS/onhit for faster clear. Hextech gives spellvamp for more sustain if needed.

That should give us BOTH some options to play around with. :-)
For skills you could also go 3 on W then make Q. That is my route but I'm a bit gank aggressive, so if you plan on staying in the jungle for awhile then go ahead and max W first to help clear faster. Good advice tho!

ThePonsterMenis

01-24-2013

Quote:
You can still simulate a leash by taking HEAL instead of Flash. Its custom vs bots right? So who cares?

you can try various combinations of the following:

RUNES:

MASTERY: 21 offense will net lots of free AP. Marginally useful for jungling.
21 defense I think is better. you get the extra health, CDR, Movespeed. Much better sustainability for jungling.
I'd avoid Utility as 9 pts for longer buff duration (that you only really get once or twice) isnt worth it.

ITEMS:
Its gonna be CLOTH+5pots or BOOTS+3 right? Try boots+3first with the most optimal jungling rune/mastery sets and see if her W speedbooster/healer is enough sustain to get thru 1 round of jungling. If no dice, go cloth+5.

Remember, start human, Spiderbomb, then goto Spiderform to get your 1 spiderling and duke it out. At level 2 take Q and start hman, use both spelss, spider to get TWO spiderlings. You probably just stayin Spider form for the rest of the time once your bluebuff is out. You keep your spiders and your spider abilities are sufficient (we hope) to kill quickly. Saving mana for ganks.

Heres a stonewall vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1NMBl9do8

Maxing your W early should give enough health recovery to jungle well.

For items you will go AD (yuck), AS/onhit (maybe), or tanky AP (best). Rylais gives health, AP, and a really important snare. Abyssal for MR is desirable and Frozen Heart is excellent armor, mana, and fat CDR for moar spam. Catalyst/RoA is tempting too due to the nice sustain granted.
Malady gives efficient AS/onhit for faster clear. Hextech gives spellvamp for more sustain if needed.

That should give us BOTH some options to play around with. :-)

THANK YOU JOHN MADDEN! :P
At the LCS Qualifier they built her a bit like Skarner. Rush madreds and boots; find a gaints belt in the middle of a trinity force. Move to Randuin's Omen most likely. However, Rylas might be a bit better at low elo's. Sunfire is a rather mediocre choice because I finish Zhonyas (Double armor useless)... Warmongs not recomended but viable.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Wow what an odd build. A triforce on elise? She tends to use all her abilities at once and isnt really an autoattacker. Do you know what game? I'd like to watch the replay. She seems to get banned most of the time, and even then go Toplane where she is honestly best.

Ive always seen tanky AP work best but maybe with beefier jungle she needs more clear speed. Ive done fine though, especially if I add my humanform Q/W/auto first before changing.

I also learned that she starts with 2 free spiderling counters and when she changes back to human, any surviving spiders go back to counters. Hence, I dont need to nuke in humanform as much as I thought I did.

Taoquitok

01-25-2013

Quote:
Wow what an odd build. A triforce on elise? She tends to use all her abilities at once and isnt really an autoattacker. Do you know what game? I'd like to watch the replay. She seems to get banned most of the time, and even then go Toplane where she is honestly best.

Ive always seen tanky AP work best but maybe with beefier jungle she needs more clear speed. Ive done fine though, especially if I add my humanform Q/W/auto first before changing.

I also learned that she starts with 2 free spiderling counters and when she changes back to human, any surviving spiders go back to counters. Hence, I dont need to nuke in humanform as much as I thought I did.
She isn't an auto-attacker? umm.. spiderW... also chances are if you Q in human form you'll land 1 auto attack too.

Also the people earlier talking about needing to simulate a leash and such on elise... wtf? that's what her spiders are for. Elise takes almost ZERO damage in the jungle. you Q in, her spiders take all the damage. even if they die they'll be up by the next pack as you'll always open with a human form W+Q combo before going spider form.

Fast and arguably the safest jungler currently out there due to her spiders.