[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nularia

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Only in name.

Augurian

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyariatheshaman View Post
Only in name.
Completely agree on this it's only in name, that map is "Twisted Treeline" sure but some of us feel it lost it's essence (so to speak of it)
I'll be honest, I was an adamant player of this game and even spent money to get RP and also show that I like the game and approved of what the company was doing I had my doubts when word came out the usual treeline was going to change, still I had faith in the company.

This game is what it is thanks to their efforts, inputs, thoughts, feelings and hard work, but so it is thanks to all of us that play it, all of us that thought that map was one of the best maps; the trolls, the baddies, the good guys, the honorable, the jokers, the guys that come and go from tournaments...

But I ended up playing the map, and I lost my faith, the new map had amazing features, but the so called "fast paced action" only felt like a small sugar rush for and only for a while, as if I had eaten a lollipop and then... nothing, bitterness, it was boring, there was the Dominion that we love, I won't talk for anyone but I felt deception.
I felt that whatever faith I had on the company was broken, not for the map itself, but for the change it became for everyone, good, bad, so so, take your pick.

But none can disagree that there are people out there that feel truly bad of all the time they spent on the map, polishing their skills, days or nights, just to have that taken away so easily and be left with a good map, an awesome map, but, nonetheless one that could not fulfill what the previous could, there are those that will remember a degree of joy or sadness towards the map, others that will remember many, many other and different things... but I believe we can all agree that in our Old twisted treeline, we have many memories that we want to live again, memories that won't happen on this new map, and also, maybe some want to simply play that map,

As for me, I came back after not playing this game for over two or three months (and wasn't going to come back) only because a friend fooled me saying that in Season 3 our previous treeline was coming back, I'll continue playing not as I used to, won't spend the $ that I spent before either, but I'll continue playing with a small glimmer of hope that not only me but all those players out there that want it... will see the old treeline back so we can enjoy this EPIC game in the way we enjoyed it on that map again.

Sorry for the LONG post all, see you.
And Have an amazing time playing League of Legends everyone... you deserve it

knightex50

01-25-2013

signed again

Bladedancer31

01-25-2013

Signed

Singed is 3v3 nao

Outshine

01-26-2013

I like the new Twisted Treeline better than the old, but all game modes needs more maps in my opinion.

rain Sky

01-26-2013

please put the old ttl back...i dont like the ideas of altars but it would be kinda cool if it was more like capture the flag and one champion got a buff....and the other team had to kill him

rain Sky

01-26-2013

signed

FriendlyRaid

01-27-2013

signed

IcySlayer

01-27-2013

Singed...agin

PurpleURP

01-28-2013

bump