if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

bump

OneTobi

01-20-2013

What do you think of this new build for Elise (with the upcoming DFG buff as well)

I typically build her:
Boot 3 -> HG -> Sunfire -> Warmog -> Liandry -> Rylai -> Randuin

Gives a lot of HP and enough mpen to work with Elise's base skill damages (since she scales badly with AP)

I was thinking of this new build:

Boot 3 -> DFG -> Sunfire -> Warmog -> Abyssal -> Rylai/Randuin

What do you think? I just switched out HG/Liandry and get an early DFG instead.

I feel like substituting HG for DFG will let me dish out more damage while being tanky mid/late game

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
What do you think of this new build for Elise (with the upcoming DFG buff as well)

I typically build her:
Boot 3 -> HG -> Sunfire -> Warmog -> Liandry -> Rylai -> Randuin

Gives a lot of HP and enough mpen to work with Elise's base skill damages (since she scales badly with AP)

I was thinking of this new build:

Boot 3 -> DFG -> Sunfire -> Warmog -> Abyssal -> Rylai/Randuin

What do you think? I just switched out HG/Liandry and get an early DFG instead.

I feel like substituting HG for DFG will let me dish out more damage while being tanky mid/late game
second build is better

Cardboardowl

01-22-2013

http://www.twitch.tv/thecardboardowl/c/1858619

Simple game of me carrying as jungle vi

Cardboardowl

01-24-2013

bump in case someone needs help

ROOFIECOPTER

01-24-2013

I've recently been spamming akali and it's gotten me from 1200s to mid 1400s the last few days.

My stats on her are a 10-4kd and 70% win over 40 games.

I was 3 wins away from 1500, but ended up losing them all, even though I was trying my hardest to communicate to my team and ended up with good scores in each. It seems like even if I get really far ahead, people on my team falling behind weighs my ability to carry, down, because I'm the only threat and get insta focussed.

My questions are:
Should I keep spamming akali and hope I win a few more than I lose?
Is there a mid I can play that dominates 1500s harder than my akali will?
Should I be giving kills to other people on my team so I'm not the only person ahead (i usuallly spam everything always so the enemy has no chance of getting away, and it gives me the kill) :/

Cardboardowl

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOFIECOPTER View Post
I've recently been spamming akali and it's gotten me from 1200s to mid 1400s the last few days.

My stats on her are a 10-4kd and 70% win over 40 games.

I was 3 wins away from 1500, but ended up losing them all, even though I was trying my hardest to communicate to my team and ended up with good scores in each. It seems like even if I get really far ahead, people on my team falling behind weighs my ability to carry, down, because I'm the only threat and get insta focussed.

My questions are:
Should I keep spamming akali and hope I win a few more than I lose?
Is there a mid I can play that dominates 1500s harder than my akali will?
Should I be giving kills to other people on my team so I'm not the only person ahead (i usuallly spam everything always so the enemy has no chance of getting away, and it gives me the kill) :/
Akali is tbh one of the least viable mids out there. Once your opponents smarten up, one pink and you are really done for.

I would try a different assassin less reliant on stealth with more cc

MrVigglesworth

01-25-2013

I'm a fellow Shaco player. In fact, he's probably my main. I'm curious what you think of this build.

Start: boots + 3 pots
Build (order and what I build changes, but this is the usual build):
1. rush wriggles (build machete or maldreds on first b)
2. upgrade to boots of mobility
3. begin building statik shiv (build attack speed portion first)
4. begin building black clever or GA (depends on if I'm getting bullied)
5. begin building black clever or GA (whichever one I didn't do first)
6. begin building blood thirster/selling off wriggles
7. if the game goes long enough, I go with whatever I'm feeling at that point (most likely more damage)

Cardboardowl

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVigglesworth View Post
I'm a fellow Shaco player. In fact, he's probably my main. I'm curious what you think of this build.

Start: boots + 3 pots
Build (order and what I build changes, but this is the usual build):
1. rush wriggles (build machete or maldreds on first b)
2. upgrade to boots of mobility
3. begin building statik shiv (build attack speed portion first)
4. begin building black clever or GA (depends on if I'm getting bullied)
5. begin building black clever or GA (whichever one I didn't do first)
6. begin building blood thirster/selling off wriggles
7. if the game goes long enough, I go with whatever I'm feeling at that point (most likely more damage)
black cleaver on shaco is very mediocre

I actually dont get wriggles ever, I get the BT first.

My order is usually
boots--> 3 longswords--->avarice blade-->brutalizer--->vamp-->shiv

So at 20 mins I usually have boots 5, shiv, brutalizer and vamp

at 30 mins I usually finish the brut into a ghost blade and the vamp into BT

then I build defensive from there on, but occasionally getting a wits end over a GA if im fed enough.

Sereg Anfaug

01-25-2013

Got any advice on runes for jungling Lee Sin?

The main pages I'm considering are AS/LS, and ArPen/LS. I also have pages with MS quints over LS, but I feel like the sustain from LS is helpful, and my mobility is strong enough without MS - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I have a faster, safer clear with the AS page, but I'm not sure how well it scales, since Lee Sin seems like more of a caster then an autoattacker, which makes me think ArPen will scale better as the game progresses. Then again, ArPen is usually easy to itemize for, whereas I wouldn't bother with AS items, so maybe having the AS early is better?

Edit: Armor yellows and MR/level blues across all pages in question, if that's relevant.

Any other tips you have for Lee jungle would also be welcome - I'm currently struggling with the differences between his style and my more common junglers, Nocturne, Mundo, and Maokai being my three most commonly played junglers recently.