OH MEH GERD RIOT!! ANUTHER MILITARY XlN SKIN???

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicodemous

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Bodacious View Post
Or maybe, yknow, I likes the skin and was sick of seeing come under fire for no reason other than it was a super magic girl skin.
Yeah... you don't understand what I was saying do you..?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
15 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Halc View Post
Ah, thanks I mis-understood you then, I thought you were calling steel legion Lux "that skin", which worried me. I still think some changes should be made to the skin though, it's kind of a slap in the face, when there's such a huge up roar about it and its not even tweaked the smallest amount. eg. changing her pants into some kind of metal or armored skirt would have been something to show us you were listening. (that might be a bad example, but it gets my point across)

edit: actually probably a better example would be to just change the color scheme, brighten it up a bit.
That's more the art folk territory (as I defer to them on what's good visually), but am very interested in the how/why/strategy of what we give you guys on this front. Has IronStylus commented on this in another thread - I think I'd seen something then.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
16 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Well, this is certainly good news! Any chance we could get some sort of timetable besides "Soon(tm)?" If not, that's fine, just knowing another skin is going to be in the works will be enough for a while.
Not yet as we have to prioritize. You're right that under normal circumstances, we wouldn't do another Lux skin for awhile, but I'd like to do one sooner due to this oversight here. We have more characters in this camp as well, so it's not going to be immediate. I don't have a timetable now, but I'd like to get something figured out here as we flesh this out.

I just started working heavily with skins a few weeks back, so I'm still figuring some of the details out.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
17 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hades View Post
morello can you tell us if there will be any other theme skins like PFE in the near by future ( say maybe the next 6 months so its not super specific)
Yes!

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
18 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arixa View Post
I know the thread has spoken mostly about Lux but I just wanted to comment about Kayle's recent legendary. I really felt like it suffered from similar problems that the skin just doesn't seem very Kayle. It lacks her ferocity and personality. Angels are also more mythology and less technology so having her get a legendary tech skin seemed odd.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be "the" skin for her, but it sure seemed like it should have been.

Any thoughts on that Morello?
Agreed entirely. I think Aetherwing is really, really cool, but what's the Kayle skin Kayle players are salivating for? I'd bet it doesn't exist either.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
19 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
So essentially Morello you yourself are not a fan of this new skin because while it fits her story it doesn't necessarily fit her and now you're going to push the art team to make a skin that fits her? I hope so because I and all my friends agree that all her skins except spellthief suck (including this one) and it would be nice to have her get a skin that feels like it fits her personality. Like I want to see a Lux skin and just think 'that's her'. If you know what I mean.
I'm a fan of this skin, but I think it's the type of skin you release after you meet the core expectations of Lux players. Since the work is done, we're going to release it anyhow, but it's the issue that I think exists.

Captain Halc

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's more the art folk territory (as I defer to them on what's good visually), but am very interested in the how/why/strategy of what we give you guys on this front. Has IronStylus commented on this in another thread - I think I'd seen something then.
This was talked about quite a bit actually when the skin was first seen on the PBE and the whole uproar started, Link here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=lux+skin
the ideas about what people would rather have in the skin, what should be changed, what people wanted to see instead, ect ect ect. dont occur till mid-way through the thread. there is some good information/ideas on this topic in that thread though.

Fisherman Fizz

01-24-2013

Pentapost

Ragelx

01-24-2013

This thread has been tl;dr but I just have one thing to say "Don't feed the troll"

TAScientist

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Agreed entirely. I think Aetherwing is really, really cool, but what's the Kayle skin Kayle players are salivating for? I'd bet it doesn't exist either.
As a Kayle fan, I feel that no, it doesn't exist, and the existence of Aetherwing Kayle makes me worry that it never will, especially in legendary form.