Calling Lanes, Que Dodging, 3 year olds, and why Riot should take a stance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

we have a red on this topic:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...98094#33798094

Morpf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

****ty answer though. they say "if you get trolled, give them trolls what they want"

Morpf

01-24-2013

(5th): top
(2): top
3: jungle
5: sorry i called
Morpf: im 4th pic, ill do anything but support
[2 picked garen]
5: have troll
5: on this team
Morpf: dont troll pls
5: some one troll me
Morpf: dont troll back then
5: i told top
Morpf: but you are last pick
5: no
3: your last pick man
5: nowa y
1: ....
[5 picks kha]
Morpf: dont troll
1: dude
1: ****
1: this guy is ****ing stupid
1: ...
5: i told top

5: he choose garen
3: ur ****inglast pick
1 (adc): i need a support

game ruined

thx riot for asking us to comporomise

EyeHearShapes

01-24-2013

The meta wasnt made by riot ,it was made by the players . Therefore riot should hold the view that players can do what they want based on the player that are in the lobby . If 3 players want to adc then they can all adc . They dont have to follow the meta . It's not about a game wide stance it's about what the players stance's are in a particular lobby .
As far as queue dodging goes . I myself have never dodged a ranked game . Sometime you get comps that are messed up and break the meta but still work . Dodging should be punished accordingly . This is my opinion . If your not having fun cause someone is trolling you then the troll just won . Just mute them and do your own thing .
Ultimately though my opinion on calling is that it should more be used as a guideline well pick order has the final say .

Goodguy Hopper

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpf View Post

Thanks I got this on the OP now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeHearShapes View Post
...Just mute them and do your own thing...
Sorry to pick this hatchet up here but you hear a lot of this type of comment made back to back with another. People tell you "Hey in champion select if you have a troll then work as a team and compromise." Which is very "fluffy" and well meaning. But, then they turn around and say "If you have a troll in a game just mute them and do your own thing." I can't possibly be the only one who sees that the ideals behind those two solutions are in direct opposition.

I recall more than once hearing the statement that ranked is for people who want to take the game seriously. I am fairly certain that Riot has also made this comment. Ranked being intended for people to take seriously means that we can expect people to adhere to a meta-game and that we can expect players to put on their game faces. When a player does not and has no intention of doing so we rest comfortably knowing that they will fall in ranking rather quickly while "we" will regain our lost rating in a couple of games. This mentality is what keeps most sound minded players playing ranked. This rational does not prevent us from advocating for improvements that will, even marginally, increase the number of games in ranked that are fun. Primarily if you are playing ranked you are there to play the game seriously, any other level of appreciation for the game can be satisfied by normals or customs. The only exception to this rationale is irrational behavior (IE trolling) if your a troll your going to get your most fun when you dream crush the hardest, and the best place for that is ranked. Be you unintentional troll or intentional troll when you go into the game unprepared for the meta and the roles within you are ruining the fun aspect of LOL for an entire genre of player who can not get their favored style of play in any other game mode league offers.

Again sorry for taking up the hatchet, this wasn't really directed at you personally, it has come up often enough I thought I should tackle it.

Aly

Lazy people FTW

01-24-2013

I agree with the que into a role. If riot would add what role you would like to que with and pair up with the other roles people won't have to fight with other roles. It would be very cool if riot did this.

MorikTheMad

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy people FTW View Post
I agree with the que into a role. If riot would add what role you would like to que with and pair up with the other roles people won't have to fight with other roles. It would be very cool if riot did this.
+1

Should allow selection of (Top, Mid, Jungle, Bot[ADC], Bot[Support], Bot[KillLane], Manual), with additional options added as needed. Allow selecting as many as you want--the game will tell you which role you should fill when you are put into a game.

Pair a top, mid, jungle, and either a bot[adc] or bot[support] or two bot[killlane].

If Manual is selected, this means you want to try something outside the current meta (3 bot, double jungle/jungler+roamer, no jungle, 2 mid, etc), and will work with your teammates (who all also selected manual). Manual would be separate from the other options.

Add for normals & ranked.

Morpf

01-24-2013

Bommers: TOP
xKornandre: mid
ARR1: top
Chrispy: adc
ARR1: jungle
Bommers: I CALLED FIRT BRO

Goodguy Hopper

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpf View Post
xKornandre: mid
ARR1: top
Chrispy: adc
ARR1: jungle
Bommers: I CALLED FIRT BRO
need to be careful about putting names bud. It's against forum policy.

Morpf

01-26-2013

ya normally i make them anonymous, but i was drunk that night so i didnt care ^^

maybe riot gonna read this threat now ;-)