Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

01-24-2013

While I typically don't like posting again so soon after I reply to a comment, I wanted to make an open statement in regards to community support in a bit more of a formal manner than you guys are used to.

For starters, I do of course want to say thanks. Not just for the passive support or in the case of many, very active support, but for the overwhelming confidence I've been given from it. When I started stalking the forums for fan ideas I saw the greats, Dragonmaster Swain and Epidemic Singed, Unprepared Garen, etc. When I created Firedancer it was with the assumption that I would never reach those heights, and at first didnt take it incredibly seriously. When I saw the level of support I quickly got, the tremendous compliments and suggestions, the praise and even occasional light constructive criticism, it really motivated me to continually improve this thread until I've reached the point where I am now; I wish to continue to work on it, but I have such a sense of completion I know it isn't necessary. You guys have really restored a level of confidence in me and motivated me to keep dishing out ideas. For that, I'm incredibly grateful. Maybe someday soon I can even say that my little random fan idea inspired something that made its way into the most popular online game currently.

Finally, I have to give special thanks to Riot for the interest shown in the idea. For starters, my idea only exists because of the grand and appealing detail and personality you guys gave Draven. Even beside that, without your interest this thread would have never had as much dedication or hope from the community that it currently has. Thank you for a great character, and thank you for the inspiration, even if the skin never sees the League Store.

-Spookypatrol

Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

bamp

Spookypatrol

01-24-2013

Thanks for the bump I added my formal thank you to the first post. I figured it was an important thing to highlight.

Constant Death

Recruiter

01-24-2013

RIOT PLEASE!! Skin is badass and needs to be implemented...just look at the fact that someone did the hard work for you. And the community spoke..PLEASE RIOT

MinionOfCthulhu

01-24-2013

Quote:
Final note to Riot if by any stretch of the imagination you do integrate this into LoL: Two favors. 1. Do not change Draven's eye color, and 2. do not remove his mustache. I'm sure a large chunk of the community agrees with this
Lack of mustache is why I never got Soul Reaver Draven.

iHyptonic

01-24-2013

Shake it like a BUMP BUMP like BUMP

Bump

Spookypatrol

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinionOfCthulhu View Post
Lack of mustache is why I never got Soul Reaver Draven.
That was definitely a turn off for me, too, but mostly it was the fact that it didn't suit Draven's personality or flair at all, haha.

It's funny, because I'm dying to get a Draven skin. It almost annoys me to *not* have a skin for a champion I really like. But I just can't stand Soul Reaver XD Hence, ya know, one of the reasons I made this skin.

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

The thank you post was really touching. Riot should make the skin out of principle because of how nice you are D:<

Spookypatrol

01-25-2013

Haha, the intent was not to make anyone feel badly or think I'm this ridiculously nice person (I'm totally not, it's a clever ruse.) I just really felt it was necessary. You guys have done me a hell of a favor past just the possibility of this becoming a real skin.

Lysithix

01-25-2013

Riot Plz