I don't understand why I got a permanent ban

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

The plot thickens...

meadow

01-24-2013

Hmmm. That was an interesting remark by RiotKiddington.

And the plot thickens^

ashtray4joo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Dum Dum dum dum.....! Will our heros name be cleared and adjudicated or will the villainous Riot take out our hero and keep his girl too! Tune in next week folks to see the next episode of "why am I banned I did nothing wrong" segment of Riot Gaming.

IS1ea9babe8ac6b7cad8130

01-24-2013

Yeah, similar things popped up before, around the time Gifting was released. Basically there was some sort of error (money-related) and your account looked like it may have been compromised, so it was shut down for the sake of security. You should be able to get it re-enabled once you talk to support

LittleDi

01-24-2013

Something tells me this is gifting from an account and denying the charges to yourself because it was a smurf account you could care less about. I don't know.

IS1a565c2cb41b32fd47c57

01-24-2013

I kind of have a feeling he tried to sell his account or something.

Silent Reaper

01-24-2013

Maybe he tried using a computer software to play games for him?

Exploding Barrel

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Something tells me this is gifting from an account and denying the charges to yourself because it was a smurf account you could care less about. I don't know.
Seems like that would fall under billing issues, not "serious disciplinary action."

/shrug

SlitYourWrist

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
After a rough week of studying for my high school exams and finishing off my culminating tasks, I check my email and find this message: Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Sun Sep 27 14:54:33 PDT 2499. Now, I haven't played a single game for a week, and I haven't received a warning email, message or anything regarding the ban. I have emailed them, but I'm just wondering what you guys think about the situation. Is it fair for them to not grant me access to my account without saying anything or giving me some kind of warning? I've never been banned before, or even given a warning in the past year. I'm not the best player, but I find it unfair for the account to be taken a way like that without any justified response as to why. Like I know the tribunal usually doesn't give out permanent bans and a rioter looks over the case, but to leave me hanging like this isn't what I expected from such a big company. The least they could do is give me a sentence or two on why I've been banned. I feel as if they just took all those years of time and money I spent just because they wanted to. What do you guys think?
If they don't restore your account make sure to file chargebacks on your credit card for any RP purchased recently. Even if they win the dispute, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it cost them way more to fight it than the charges were worth.

Lord Ferret

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitYourWrist View Post
If they don't restore your account make sure to file chargebacks on your credit card for any RP purchased recently. Even if they win the dispute, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it cost them way more to fight it than the charges were worth.
yep this again. Telling people to commit fraud.

Also you can be fined and have to pay riots legal fees if you lose. So you will lose tons more money then its worth. But its a good attempt

12345612 ... 13