@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneNcrazY View Post
So basically a Sivir shield that only works on basic attacks + what she does now.
More of a "attack spellshield," yes.

Fates Fiance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Didn't she used to block things like that when she was released? I remember parrying towers with her which was nice but seemed a bit OP. Then i played her one day and she could only parry autos

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think that's actually what we'll have to do with a melee-carry style with Fiora. I also think it adds a lot to the fantasy of a fencer-style fighter - being able to dash aside a lot of power with a quick deflect.
My suggestion is to make W a signature move. It doesn't hurt enough, and it should scale with AD. (reflect)

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretVengeance View Post
Didn't she used to block things like that when she was released? I remember parrying towers with her which was nice but seemed a bit OP. Then i played her one day and she could only parry autos
We had a version of this in PBE that we dialed back on, but I think there's a middle ground that's right. Being more distinct is big here, too.

Fates Fiance

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We had a version of this in PBE that we dialed back on, but I think there's a middle ground that's right. Being more distinct is big here, too.
Would it be possible to change it to something along the lines where it might not have a base damage thats dealt when an attack is deflected but a percentage of the deflected attacks damage is returned to the caster? Or just change the damage to AD and give it some sort of scaling.

WhackedRak

01-24-2013

Why was the decision made to replace the lifesteal component of Executioners Calling with 25 AD? I felt it was core on Fiora and other melee champs who liked to auto attack a bunch.

Narshen

01-24-2013

There's some more QoL stuff that the OP didn't address that I was wondering if you could do something about, Morello.

a) Duelist states that it gains a stack whenever Fiora deals damage. However, Riposte won't add a stack. Intentional?

b) If Fiora has two or more stacks, attacking minions won't "queue" the 1-stack version, meaning that you'll lose out on the passive being up. Could you make it so that it does queue the weak version but won't start applying it until the 2+ stack version ends? Would make it a lot smoother, imo.

c) This isn't QoL but what are your thoughts on having Duelist stack against monsters? Would definitely help out Fiora's jungle while having virtually no impact on her laning. Would be a cool change, imo.

IS1103f4be64bc07

01-24-2013

Only that??

No remake or buff to the passive? No armor pen at all?

Apollo Starling

01-24-2013

@Morello

how do you feel about Fiora completely missing her theme, flavor, and general mark as a supposed "master duelist" in that she loses 90% of her top lane matchups, which is essentially a dueling lane?

Compared to, say, Darius, who completely wrecks people 1v1

Why isn't Fiora a 1v1 wrecking machine? That's supposed to be her whole character, but it turns out to be furthest from the truth. Any plans to actually step her more in line with her theme?

Blocking on-hits would help against, what, 5% of her matchups? What about the rest?

Syntaxs

01-24-2013

Thank god, I love you for this Morello.
I just picked up playing her again and I really hated playing vs Jayce...
I perfectly timed my W to "dodge" Jayce Hammer E... but hey it's on hit and just rapes you... meeh