Steel Legion Shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

01-23-2013

Stylus, I have a matter that transcends time and space.

You have talked about differences in skins while choosing what you think looks cool(Using the royal...you) We've talked about themes, we've talked about what fits and the evolution of Leagues style.

But....what about Dragon Master Swain? The skin everyone wants...:3

Abyssal War

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Sorry, relaunch is the wrong term. I meant visual update. She's not screaming to be touched like some other champions. Words.. they're difficult.
probably not the right thread but since you're here, my only real request is that the team takes their time with skins, I hope that we will never have another diana fiasco ever again, I would've refunded that skin if it werent for the fact I compulsively buy atleast 1 skin for every champion (and i own them all too).

The day diana lost her headgear and no longer matched leona's counterpart of the same name was a very sad day indeed, please do you're best to never let that happen again.

Sincerely - one appreciative fan of collectable skins!

:P

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-23-2013
11 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserabilia View Post
"Sorry guys, but since it's out now there's nothing I can really do about it."
So what exactly would be the problem if that was indeed my response? I'd like to know. What would you have me do exactly? Would you have me carry a torch into a producers office? Tie up the 3D team and make them repaint it? Bribe the animation team to re-rig and animate? What would satisfy?

I'm a concept artist. I'm the first part of a very long pipeline and process. Also, I'm not just a concept artist dedicated to a single team. I work on reworks, champions, skins, and general art feedback in the system. When I'm involved in something I see it all the way through, but some times I'm going to have to float into our out of a team depending on need or what's priority. I'm not going to be able to be personally accountable to thousands of people considering I'm a very small cog in a very large machine.

If this is indeed my response when things are released, feel free to come at me with any sort of eyeroll or anger. I can take it. I'll gladly tank for the people who aren't here to take the venom and honestly are extremely busy trying to create extremely high quality content at an extremely intense cadence. You can dismiss me as being dismissive, but you don't seem to be cognizant as to what you're implying with that attitude, that this is but one iota of a facet to this entire machine that is skins, champions and relaunches. This can't be summed up in a sentence.

Albireo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I tough this thread was about Shyvana, at least she should get a Commando skin. Is like all her faith in DEMACIA is not enough to be in the team.

Reset Button

01-23-2013

Quote:
So what exactly would be the problem if that was indeed my response? I'd like to know. What would you have me do exactly? Would you have me carry a torch into a producers office? Tie up the 3D team and make them repaint it? Bribe the animation team to re-rig and animate? What would satisfy?

I'm a concept artist. I'm the first part of a very long pipeline and process. Also, I'm not just a concept artist dedicated to a single team. I work on reworks, champions, skins, and general art feedback in the system. When I'm involved in something I see it all the way through, but some times I'm going to have to float into our out of a team depending on need or what's priority. I'm not going to be able to be personally accountable to thousands of people considering I'm a very small cog in a very large machine.

If this is indeed my response when things are released, feel free to come at me with any sort of eyeroll or anger. I can take it. I'll gladly tank for the people who aren't here to take the venom and honestly are extremely busy trying to create extremely high quality content at an extremely intense cadence. You can dismiss me as being dismissive, but you don't seem to be cognizant as to what you're implying with that attitude, that this is but one iota of a facet to this entire machine that is skins, champions and relaunches. This can't be summed up in a sentence.
Pssst, guys... I think he's trying to tell you to shut up

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

But I don't want more Demacian champs... We haven't seen a Zaunite since Viktor. The Steel Legion Shyv skin is a glorious idea, but...

Zaunite Yordle in Power Armour where?

Doktor Pat

01-23-2013

The bird has spoken. This is why I love him.

SlumlordThanatos

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset Button View Post
Pssst, guys... I think he's trying to tell you to shut up
I prefer to think that he's telling the people who aren't being constructive to GTFO.

Regardless, I approve.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-23-2013

Quote:
So what exactly would be the problem if that was indeed my response? I'd like to know.
Well....

To be brutally honest, it shows that the overwhelming player feedback on the skin was negative, and that the skin was put through to live anyway. Not that this reflects directly on you, but the people in charge of.. "quality control", for lack of a better term, were either oblivious to the widespread dislike of the product, or released the product in spite of it. It shows either a very large communications breakdown between the only source of feedback (the forums) and the people in charge of keeping content up to quality, or it shows that the people in charge of maintaining quality don't know what they're doing/have too much to monitor to do their job correctly.

I can't say which it is, because I don't have any insight as to who does what and how much they're doing, but I'd be sad if either were true. And if Steel Legion Lux goes through without a significant overhaul... It'll be gasoline on the fire after the whole Finales Funkeln Fiasco.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-23-2013
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Well....

To be brutally honest, it shows that the overwhelming player feedback on the skin was negative, and that the skin was put through to live anyway. Not that this reflects directly on you, but the people in charge of.. "quality control", for lack of a better term, were either oblivious to the widespread dislike of the product, or released the product in spite of it. It shows either a very large communications breakdown between the only source of feedback (the forums) and the people in charge of keeping content up to quality, or it shows that the people in charge of maintaining quality don't know what they're doing/have too much to monitor to do their job correctly.

I can't say which it is, because I don't have any insight as to who does what and how much they're doing, but I'd be sad if either were true. And if Steel Legion Lux goes through without a significant overhaul... It'll be gasoline on the fire after the whole Finales Funkeln Fiasco.
And there very well may be nothing I can do about that. Is that ok?