Ohmwrecker was it the price for the ability?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Like Tanks

01-24-2013

Just out of curiosity, what would you think if it had a price of 2k gold?
For the active, at least. I have no idea what other stats it gives.

Mokkun

01-24-2013

This item got an amazing amount of QQ when it was announced, on account of how "OP" the use effect is. I think Riot's reaction was to make it very expensive to keep it from breaking the early game, and I think it's meant more for tanks, than supports.

It's only other unique fact is that it's the only item with hp/mana/armor combo.

DeathByWaffle

01-24-2013

Ohmwrecker just is not a good item. It's function is to allow for tower dives and bd, but at the point in the game when you finally get it, it's useless due to the fact that tower diving just isn't a smart idea not because of the turret, but because the enemy team can kill you easily if you try and not to mention the first tier towers will probably be down already. Second tier too maybe.

If you do rush it, you're damage will be really subpar and you won't contribute much to the team. Ohmwrecker either needs some additional benefits or a reduced price.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

01-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.

Raiyn

01-24-2013

What sort of feedback was it? That it would be too OP with 3-4 seconds or more base HP/Mana or?...

As of right now..since s3 I haven't seen it used once I'm kinda curious to see how it would do. But it just seems that tower diving with all these bruisers is also a lot easier than it was in S2.

Cloud Potato

01-24-2013

Ohmwrecker is very niche, and it should stay that way. It has an effect that could potentially ruin games. It's kind of like how the SotD is right now.

Best Furry NA

01-24-2013

Well, it should at least be defined on who gets it. Is it a tanky item for a bruiser/tank top that has a nice bonus effect for the team? Or a support?

If it's for a bruiser, they can pay a bit more, but the stats need to be higher-- they can't be sacrificing their own durability. Maybe a stalemate with one team having a Mundo already owning 5 Warmogs, but at that point, I really don't think the tower is what's stopping him. Tank too.

If it's for a support... How can they afford it and not feel bad? I feel as if a GP5 item lead up to it, they could feel a lot better about it. Still, it is a bit too pricey, and could use a minor reduction.

Grey Enneract

01-24-2013

Ohmwrecker is a trap item.

Tinithor

01-24-2013

The active is god awful for the price. It saves you what, 3 tower shots on a 3 minute cooldown? It's SO bad and the build path isn't good for anyone who might even want to use it.

Probably the worst designed item in season 3.

Tinithor

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.
I suppose i can see why this might be the case. If they made the active actually useful it would make it MUCH harder for teams to come from behind by fighting at their towers. That being said if the active isn't any good and if it IS any good then it's still not a good design, then perhaps you need to bin that idea and start fresh.

123456 ... 7