Steel Legion Shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prismatic

01-24-2013

Also, is there any word on olaf getting any sort of a splash art update? To be quite blunt, it is aweful in comparison to new artwork, and even to relatively old artwork.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I might comment on it once it's released. Until then I'm not going to get into it.
Can you at least comment on why is everything so freaking gray? what happened to the beautiful colors? do you hate colors? do you? is this some kind of brown and bloom FPS complex that is attacking LoL? why no more colorful cool armors like Full metal Jayce?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-24-2013

Quote:
As for Caitlyn, she's not a high priority on relaunches. She could use a fidelity upgrade, and maybe a "modernization" but that wasn't feasible to do before Vi released. Also, I can't give plans and progress in most circumstances. That's the nature of the beast. Talk is actually expensive when it ruins people's expectations or sets us up for failure. We don't want to talk about what's still in flux.
Personally, I don't think she needs a relaunch. But she could use an updated splash art. Maybe a visual rework on her rifle and her Snap-Traps.

But a full relaunch would seem like a waste of time and resources when you have things like Sion running around. That is if anyone played him he'd be running around. Or shuffling...

Miserabilia

01-24-2013

Quote:
I'm not going to have any huge effect on assuaging fears or calming tempers by contributing to the conversation while the skin is still unreleased.
"Sorry guys, but since it's out now there's nothing I can really do about it."

Hentai Des

01-24-2013

i wouldnt lie but i would buy a steel legion shyvana skin because to me i really think that darkflame shyv is poop even thou the particles are awsome the model looks poop to me i would like another shyv skin with particle changes, the best skin to me is ironscale cause she doesnt have an obscure helmet and her hair and face is awsome

Abyssal War

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
...is this a legit request?

yes!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-24-2013
10 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Personally, I don't think she needs a relaunch. But she could use an updated splash art. Maybe a visual rework on her rifle and her Snap-Traps.

But a full relaunch would seem like a waste of time and resources when you have things like Sion running around. That is if anyone played him he'd be running around. Or shuffling...
Sorry, relaunch is the wrong term. I meant visual update. She's not screaming to be touched like some other champions. Words.. they're difficult.

US Economy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Ironstylus can you put nunu at the top of the visual update list please ty i love u goodnight

Hellioning

01-24-2013

Quote:
Sorry, relaunch is the wrong term. I meant visual update. She's not screaming to be touched like some other champions. Words.. they're difficult.
I think that's what he meant. Caitlyn looks fine compared to some release champs, and fixing the small things wrong with her when Taric and Sivir are still around seems like a bad sense of priorities.

Leoric Wuju

01-24-2013

Quote:
Hmm.. yeah. We could use some more Demacian champions. Damacia needs heroes.

As for Caitlyn, she's not a high priority on relaunches. She could use a fidelity upgrade, and maybe a "modernization" but that wasn't feasible to do before Vi released. Also, I can't give plans and progress in most circumstances. That's the nature of the beast. Talk is actually expensive when it ruins people's expectations or sets us up for failure. We don't want to talk about what's still in flux.
Fidelity upgrade is what I've been looking forward to. Caitlyn's vanilla appearance does not provide the impression of "police" or "peacekeepr".

In fact, Caitlyn totally looked like a circus person. Whereas Vi, who is lorewise related to Caitlyn, shouts brilliant design and perfect representation of a thug from "techy slums".
(May I add how much she reminds me of those Terran Marines in StarCraft?)

It's understandable to be subtle when it comes to "the nature of the beast". Then again, if you take at look at how companies like Blizzard has been "intentionally leaking out design ideas" on StarCraft 2, you might agree that it's a way to do internal marketing.