@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

01-23-2013

I don't care what buffs you give her just make her viable please... don't overbuff her just make her fine... Riven decent or yorick level. Tourney viable level..

Raiyn

01-23-2013

Buff fiora but add some counterplay to her ult top-lane. There's nothing I can do to mitigate that damage 1v1. Its very irritating when you're at 3/4 health and she ults you down to 1/3 early game with you having no counterplay.

FoxMindedGuy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Dat Teemo View Post
I don't care what buffs you give her just make her viable please... don't overbuff her just make her fine... Riven decent or yorick level. Tourney viable level..
yes! Everything is possible. Show the people who say Fiora's design can either be UP or OP in LOL. Show them that balance can also be achieved.

Protect me Tomoe

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The division currently is purely technical - we're going to look at breaking that division and making it block all associated effects of an attack - instead of just the auto-attack damage. This would mean things like Bear Stance's stun or Jax's bonus damage on Empower would not hit Fiora.
I just came

Everywhere.

InsaneNcrazY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The division currently is purely technical - we're going to look at breaking that division and making it block all associated effects of an attack - instead of just the auto-attack damage. This would mean things like Bear Stance's stun or Jax's bonus damage on Empower would not hit Fiora.
So basically a Sivir shield that only works on basic attacks + what she does now.

Protect me Tomoe

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneNcrazY View Post
So basically a Sivir shield that only works on basic attacks + what she does now.
Just a complete removal of one of the enemy's basic attacks and everything attached to it.

This opens up an insane ammount of possibilites. Ezrael's mystic shot is completely negated, along with the iceborn gauntlet effect. Darius's Crippling blow is entirely removed, no debuff, no damage.

This is going to make her a scary, scary duelist.

Yay. :3

MuffinOfLove

01-24-2013

Morello pls buff fiora

TheGrandDuelist

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Fiora in NA View Post
Just a complete removal of one of the enemy's basic attacks and everything attached to it.

This opens up an insane ammount of possibilites. Ezrael's mystic shot is completely negated, along with the iceborn gauntlet effect. Darius's Crippling blow is entirely removed, no debuff, no damage.

This is going to make her a scary, scary duelist.

Yay. :3
Except for the part where you need to have ****awesome timing to pull it off for this small increase in reward that is still easily baited.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finly Erkenwald View Post
Any concerns that that might make her too niche in her match-ups? As in, she might counter certain champions, such as Jax, while faring poorly against champions her parry is useless againt, thus making it difficult to balance her?
I think that's actually what we'll have to do with a melee-carry style with Fiora. I also think it adds a lot to the fantasy of a fencer-style fighter - being able to dash aside a lot of power with a quick deflect.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastrySandwich View Post
What about olaf axes, I always felt these should be lumped in as well.
It would only apply to auto-attack modifiers. On-next-hits, steroids, on-hits, etc.

It would not apply to spells (even physical damage spells) like Pantheon's Spear Shot or Olaf's Undertow.