Thresh Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chocopuffs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Hey,
i'm a casual LoL player who goes in and out of this game,
i didn't notice thresh was released, and didnt know anything about him,
some one picked him in a ranked game,
during the load screen i watched the champion spotlight,
i fell in love!
i played with him on my team, loved him more.
right after that game, i bought him, and jumped straight into ranked.
i've played 4 games, 3 wins, 1 loss.
2/5/22 - 1/7/7 - 3/7/26 - 3/3/21

the combo's are easy to understand, everything about this champion is fun,
there are a couple things that annoy me,
1. you lantern and people dont click it
2. the E can be very touchy when choosing a direction

Some questions i do have:
the souls slowly scale down to .5 ap/armor per i understand why this happens,
i was just wondering did riot ever give an average amount of souls they expect some one to get in 1 ranked game? obviously time dependent.
Also are the souls completely random... some times i get 3 in a row, some times i get none in a wave.
What is the range on souls being able to spawn? is it roughly the same range as a lantern? or larger?

Anyway, good job riot, this is by far my favorite champion ever, i haven't had this much fun since before eve remake, and soraka OP heals...

9/10

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-23-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
i was just wondering did riot ever give an average amount of souls they expect some one to get in 1 ranked game? obviously time dependent.
This number will vary greatly across games depending on your role and playstyle. We've had internal games where Thresh mostly roamed or double jungled where the numbers got outrageously high due to him wandering from lane to lane and helping to push after ganks. It's also somewhat map dependent.

Quote:
Also are the souls completely random... some times i get 3 in a row, some times i get none in a wave.
Each "small" minion has a random chance to trigger a soul (33.33%). However, the probability adjusts dynamically. If you are below your expected quota of soul drops from small minions, the probability rises by a small amount until you are back at your quota of drops. Conversely, if you get a ton of drops from the first wave of minions, you are a bit less likely to get souls from the next wave. In typical play experience will, the probability only fluctuates by a few percent -- it is built to be random in the short term and non-random over the long run. Actual collection of souls has no bearing on the probability. Number of large minions that have dropped souls also has no effect. The randomization smoothing only cares about soul spawns from "small" minions and monsters.

Quote:
What is the range on souls being able to spawn? is it roughly the same range as a lantern? or larger?
1900 units -- a good deal longer than the lantern cast radius. For reference, Caitlyn's rank 1 ultimate is 2000 units.

MugenNightmare

01-23-2013

That minion chance dropping higher if you're below a quota is a VERY nice touch.

Awesome job! (loving the Shadow Isles)

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

He is really op, watch out dawg
Thresh gonna be nerfed

AbbySmaLL

01-23-2013

the login music is just epic, dont forget that bit

drzombieface

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
Thresh gonna be nerfed
Go away Debbie, nobody likes a Downer.

I must say I'm completely in love with Thresh. Gonna have a grand ol' time whipping people in the face with solo top On- Hit Thresh. Done nothing but OH on the PBE. It destroyed worlds then, and it destroyed worlds in the first game I played with him on the Live servers.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-23-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
Thresh gonna be nerfed
It's obviously very early, but he seems pretty balanced at the moment.

dogbiter

01-23-2013

ya he'll get nerfed. atleast his fps drop skills

AdvilAftergame

01-23-2013

He needs a nerf.

Nemis007

01-23-2013

Guys its early. Wait atleast 2 days before calling in for the nerfs. I havn't even seen a single Thresh yet.