Riot - 3D Character Art by Sam Yang (cgsammu)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cgsammu

Character Artist

01-23-2013
18 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
@cgsammu

A more technical question, i asked before GrumpyMonkey about his modeling workflow, and he answer me about it, and make me question if the others 3d artists at Riot share the same workflow with the same software? or everybody has their own unique workflow?

If it's possible i would like to know about yours of course.
Yeahh, everybody has their own workflow and process.. In the end, as long as the final art we create is League of Legends quality, its all good! =) It doesnt matter what method it took to get there...Some people prefer using Maya, Mudbox, Silo (which are all fantastic programs btw!) but I personally just like using 3dsmax and ZBrush because im most comfortable with it and its the fastest and most efficent way for me to crank things out =)

Bad Luck Braum

01-23-2013

WTB Ziggs skin.

Painguin22

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsammu View Post
OH! theres Silo on Steam thats pretty affordable =) I know a few amazing artists that use it in the game industry, you could try that!
Omg thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

cgsammu

Character Artist

01-23-2013
19 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painguin22 View Post
Omg thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!
Glad I could help! =)

splashthefield

01-23-2013

right below a red!!lucky

Borand

01-24-2013

Quote:
Thank you so much! I always loved drawing ever since I was young hahaha I went to an art college right after highschool to persue my dream pretty much..There are alot of different types of schools out there, some quite expensive...but they all teach you the fundamentals to get your started... If you want to be great at it, you have to be self taught and motivated as well as getting an education, hope that makes sense! XD Oh yeaaah for sure, its never too late to do what you love right? its incredibly fulfilling! nahh, theres always more to learn, nobody is a perfect artist ahahha but yeaaaa if you have any questions, im more than happy to give some career advice anytime!
Thank you sooo much...

Does this mean that I can somehow contact you? If yes, how? ... ^_^
If no, sorry for putting you in an akward spot :/

Virtualize

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmond View Post
How about Vayne's earlier concept by RitaLux?
Oh wow! These sketches are amazing, they make Vayne look like she is black....would love that! It reminds me of Michonne from The Walking Dead. Total bad-ass you know?

Magna Titan

01-24-2013

Omg I want Titan ziggs and it be so cool if you did a Titan theme for all yordles. Please make this skin and more Titan theme for our yordle friends please!

TiBe

01-25-2013

Awesome sam, pls make the ziggs one happens, I just love it

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Oh yeah, if you guys have any model requests, feel free to drop me a line! Let me know what you guys want to see and I'll try and make that happen as a personal art project
Could you rig Titan Ziggs up with the current Ziggs animations and show us a video?? Pllleeeease!!! That'd be hilarious!