A Guide To The Forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazimuss

01-23-2013

My name is Tazimus. I recently saw the guys at AchievementHunter.com do a 'Let's Play' with League of Legends. I thought it looked cool so I looked it up. It's free and millions of people play it. Awesome. Great job. Seriously.

THEN

I played the tutorial, which taught me to walk, attack, and buy stuff, but not much else.

THEN

I decided that LoL seems pretty cool, so why not try my hand at an online match with real people? Great, awesome idea, and with all the support LoL has, it should be easy, right?

NOPE

When I tried to join MY VERY FIRST ACTUAL GAME, it said I was CURRENTLY ASSIGNED TO A GAME.
I wasn't. I have never played a game of LoL aside from the tutorials. Ever.

I waited 20 minutes, as some of the forum posts have said to wait, but alas I AM STILL ****ING ASSIGNED TO SOME SORT OF IMAGINARY GAME THAT DOESN'T ****ING EXIST!!!!! NO AMOUNT OF CAPITAL LETTERS WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW ****ING MAD I AM RIGHT NOW.

I went from 'this game seems alright' to '**** this ****, I'm letting them know how I feel'

I followed the proper channels and since I am a new user/member I decided to post this here.

In closing I'd like to say that Riot will never get my support from LoL or any other game or media they produce. I will post this story everywhere as a flag to those that want to try. I will make facebook pictures of guys with face-palms and text saying "You are currently assigned to an existing game'. I will find out who actually made this game, their names and addresses, and send them junk mail. I will do everything in my power to get this point across:

I AM NOT ASSIGNED TO A ****ING GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

What's worse? This very forum has had this problem before, and the only solution is to 'wait'. By the way, in the time I've been typing this I tried to join several other times, with the same message.

LoL looked like it might have been fun, but I'll never know. Thanks for ruining my LoL experience before I ever even had it.

Sincerely,

Tazimus Maximus, new and former player of League of Legends

NiceSPDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazimuss View Post
My name is Tazimus. I recently saw the guys at AchievementHunter.com do a 'Let's Play' with League of Legends. I thought it looked cool so I looked it up. It's free and millions of people play it. Awesome. Great job. Seriously.

THEN

I played the tutorial, which taught me to walk, attack, and buy stuff, but not much else.

THEN

I decided that LoL seems pretty cool, so why not try my hand at an online match with real people? Great, awesome idea, and with all the support LoL has, it should be easy, right?

NOPE

When I tried to join MY VERY FIRST ACTUAL GAME, it said I was CURRENTLY ASSIGNED TO A GAME.
I wasn't. I have never played a game of LoL aside from the tutorials. Ever.

I waited 20 minutes, as some of the forum posts have said to wait, but alas I AM STILL ****ING ASSIGNED TO SOME SORT OF IMAGINARY GAME THAT DOESN'T ****ING EXIST!!!!! NO AMOUNT OF CAPITAL LETTERS WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW ****ING MAD I AM RIGHT NOW.

I went from 'this game seems alright' to '**** this ****, I'm letting them know how I feel'

I followed the proper channels and since I am a new user/member I decided to post this here.

In closing I'd like to say that Riot will never get my support from LoL or any other game or media they produce. I will post this story everywhere as a flag to those that want to try. I will make facebook pictures of guys with face-palms and text saying "You are currently assigned to an existing game'. I will find out who actually made this game, their names and addresses, and send them junk mail. I will do everything in my power to get this point across:

I AM NOT ASSIGNED TO A ****ING GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

What's worse? This very forum has had this problem before, and the only solution is to 'wait'. By the way, in the time I've been typing this I tried to join several other times, with the same message.

LoL looked like it might have been fun, but I'll never know. Thanks for ruining my LoL experience before I ever even had it.

Sincerely,

Tazimus Maximus, new and former player of League of Legends
First off cut the theatrics, no one cares to hear the story... :/ Instead of quitting at least try to resolve this issue in other ways than just spamming the forums. Try a re-install, try a new account? Every game you play whether it be LoL, WoW, Cod, or whatever else will have its glitches, a simple glitch is no reason to rage at riot for.

Also if your solution is to "Wait" please wait longer than 20 mins, try again tomorrow instead?

In any case quit raging and give the game an actual chance, as you said yourself you have quit before you have even started...

Deather Killer

01-23-2013

It's very useful!

WraithNexus

01-31-2013

I found this really useful. One question I do have, however, is: What are the little "badge" type icons I see under some players' avatars, and next to their summoner's code status?

ExplicitDomo

01-31-2013

Thx!

NiceSPDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithNexus View Post
I found this really useful. One question I do have, however, is: What are the little "badge" type icons I see under some players' avatars, and next to their summoner's code status?
Like the one under my name? That would be the recruiter badge. You receive this when you have referred a friend to LoL!

WraithNexus

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSPDR View Post
Like the one under my name? That would be the recruiter badge. You receive this when you have referred a friend to LoL!

no, the ones that look more like medals, with no tooltips on mouseover

InstaLife

02-01-2013

Two questions:

Are the Junior, Normal, and Senior member titles based on how much you posted to this forums? So if that means the more post you get, the more chance you get the senior member title?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Some people said that it's based in your account level but I'm not sure if they're correct.

The wrenchmens are basically the forum moderators or just the people who dedicate their time in helping forum users fix their in-game problems?

That's all, thanks.

NiceSPDR

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaLife View Post
Two questions:

Are the Junior, Normal, and Senior member titles based on how much you posted to this forums? So if that means the more post you get, the more chance you get the senior member title?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Some people said that it's based in your account level but I'm not sure if they're correct.

The wrenchmens are basically the forum moderators or just the people who dedicate their time in helping forum users fix their in-game problems?

That's all, thanks.
1. I posted the answer to this in the post. It is based on your amount of posts in the forums.

Junior member- Your original status (0-29 Posts)

Member- Your status after 30 posts (30-99 Posts)

Senior Member- Your status after 100 posts (100-Inf Posts)

2. Wrenchmen are not forum moderators. They are normal players such as you and myself. They are ranked Wrenchmen because they dedicate time to help other LoL players with issues having to do with the game

1st Heka

02-03-2013

nice help dudes