Champion Spotlight: Thresh, the Chain Warden

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawfury0424

01-23-2013

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...reen-and-music

Well this just got real guys

OmegaPrime000000

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt Angel View Post
Well its safe to say Phreak has been kidnapped and replaced by some guy who DOESNT jungle every champ
Maybe but the real test is if this "CHAMP DOES MASSIVE DAMAGE" if he doesn't well then Houston we have a kidnapping

TalonTSM

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroeien View Post
That is awesome!!!!

DarkMalik316

01-23-2013

epic opening music ty riot

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-23-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
So, how does he pick up the souls? He just walked through one at the start of the gameplay portion of the video and the soul just sat there on the ground.

Do you have to use the lantern?

My first impression is that Thresh is super OP. We'll see how people use him at the upcoming tourneys to get a feel for exactly how OP he really is.
Soul collection only requires that Thresh or his lantern be near a soul.

Champion spotlight footage comes from our actual balance testing games, viewed through Spectator-mode. Unfortunately we did not realize that Thresh had a spectator-only bug throughout much of his development which caused collected souls to linger on the ground, instead of immediately disappearing. You'll notice that in the spotlight footage for at least two scenes; we thought the clips were the best representations of his gameplay so we included them anyway.

Alphacatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

his theme music is creepy as ****!

FckdLindStirling

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphacatt View Post
his theme music is creepy as ****!

Are we twins? I literally just texted this to my friend, replacing "his" with "Thresh's". Other than that, word for word

BeastBox

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetroff View Post
Oh, and ANOTHER thing to add; if you all go to "Profile" (on the client) and go under Champions, he's already there. AND unlike last night if you click on his information; they already set the price! Unlike last night when it was just question marks. So if it isn't released today I'm going to be majorly pissed. If I ever see another release and they do this; I'm not buying anymore riot points. Pathetic customer service, you don't sit there and tease people. Would you seriously place a cookie on the ground in front of a dog, in reach, and tell that dog that they can't have it for a total of 7 days? Ask yourself that riot; why are you teasing your consumers, it's not right.
How is that teasing any more than us waiting for him for a week? And what does iterative video game development have to do with "customer service"? If it's not fully released, it's not fully released; you know he's coming so just go do something else. If he's held up because of bugs or other issues they're not going to release him anyway just to make you happy so chill out.

Uncle Skanky

01-23-2013

He's out *****es.

Hitthedeck

01-23-2013

That music