@Ironstylus @RIot: Steel Legion Lux Splash

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

01-23-2013

Here it is... in all its bulky armored glory and still with a weird helmet. The splash for yet another gritty, futuristic, military themed skin for a champion who already has two others. Steel Legion Lux.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VBecPxYVhA...x_Splash_5.jpg

The problem still remains Riot, "Context" does not help with this.

Unless the model has drastically changed we are still looking at the same issues for this Lux skin and when you said "Message heard" in relation to this skin I honestly expected more... but no. It would seem that you have ignored the feedback and what people wanted in a Lux skin.

The problem was NEVER context Ironstylus. The problem was theme. THE THEME of the skin. Adding steel legion Garen and saying it gave us some much needed "Context" for Steel Legion Lux is simply a slap in the face of the thousands of summoners who spoke out against the skin and gave GOOD reasons as to why they did not want it. Yet none of those ideas seem to have been implemented.

I am not one to normally complain, but the lack of skin diversity, the re-hash themes and the over all feel of this skin bothers me.

Edit: I will personally not be buying this skin. If you do like the skin and you do want to buy it, I encourage you to do so. You have the right to purchase what you like and no one can deny you that right. However for those of us who spoke out against this skin than buying it is the last thing we should do, until at the very least Riot responds to the concerns of the community.

Edit 2: Some interesting thoughts on the subject of overly serious skins can be found here, http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...ylus.html#more. Ironstylus makes some good points in it, and in all honesty if he came out and said "We have another Lux skin in development" I would not have such a problem with this one... aside from them seemingly ignoring community feedback.

Edit 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Do you think might be saying "what people are looking forward to" when you mean what "you" were looking forward to personally? What factors are you thinking about that makes you feel that Xin players were looking for a different theme?

In the case of Lux, this is valid because Lux players want something better aligned to her character, but in Xin's case, this does fit.
Thank you for that Morello. While not much, it's at least something.

More from Morello on this subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think I tend to prefer the in-game things, as that's the part everyone understands. Since League is a game, I think things in-game take precedence when there's a disconnect. Of course, this disconnect occuring in the first place is an issue.

To me, I think the player expectation of Lux is lighthearted and a "breath of fresh air" that contrasts a much more grim set of circumstances that tend to surround her. It also is the part of Lux that stands out the most and makes her not like other champions.

Commando Slap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

No, don't you like robots?

I'm not surprised literally nothing changed in the skin.

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

She looks more like she works in a factory or something

perhaps power armor but there are no insignias, does not seem military to me

Reaganomics

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
She looks more like she works in a factory or something

perhaps power armor but there are no insignias, does not seem military to me
It is called Steel Legion and the Steel Legion is a military group...

DogInRealLife

01-23-2013

She has a normal face for once.

Dryad Soraka

01-23-2013

Awesome! Love it!

Reaganomics

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyerion93 View Post
She has a normal face for once.
Well at least we do have that... but I feel they ruined it with the Helmet.

Reaganomics

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Slap View Post
No, don't you like robots?

I'm not surprised literally nothing changed in the skin.
I like Robots... I like Robot skins... we have a lot of those now.

And one thing did change. We now have "Context".

InertBlowfish

01-23-2013

Ohaidere Brotherhood of Steel Lux.

SlumlordThanatos

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
Here it is... in all its bulky armored glory and still with a weird helmet. The splash for yet another gritty, futuristic, military themed skin for a champion who already has two others. Steel Legion Lux.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VBecPxYVhA...x_Splash_5.jpg

The problem still remains Riot, "Context" does not help with this.

Unless the model has drastically changed we are still looking at the same issues for this Lux skin and when you said "Message heard" in relation to this skin I honestly expected more... but no. It would seem that you have ignored the feedback and what people wanted in a Lux skin.

The problem was NEVER context Ironstylus. The problem was theme. THE THEME of the skin. Adding steel legion Garen and saying it gave us some much needed "Context" for Steel Legion Lux is simply a slap in the face of the thousands of summoners who spoke out against the skin and gave GOOD reasons as to why they did not want it. Yet none of those ideas seem to have been implemented.

I am not one to normally complain, but the lack of skin diversity, the re-hash themes and the over all feel of this skin bothers me.
I will give credit where credit is due: this splash art is better than any of Lux's American splash arts, and a step forward from Aether Wing Kayle's.

But that's like saying a pile of garbage is better than a tank of sewage. Granted, I've not seen the skin yet, but looking at the splash art makes it look like they did nothing at all to it.

I'm going to wait and see what the model looks like before passing judgement. But first impressions makes it look like Riot simply pulled the skin from PBE, drew up some splash art, waited for the hate to blow over, and then re-release it.

That damn well better not be the case.

1234511 ... 12