Champion Spotlight: Thresh, the Chain Warden

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Jak Life

01-22-2013

FUK IT im still palying him as a top lane i dont think he would be a bad top lane SO LOOK FOWARD to another badass champ ty riot! this is y ur game kicks so much ass XD

Arcane Azmadi

01-22-2013

Permabanned.

And Riot bring in another unbalanceable mechanic with Dark Passage. Well done. We'll never know true balance, will we? Akali cries.

Dirt Bag Don

01-22-2013

4 champs get ulted by J4.

4 champs click lantern

GG

I cannot wait to see that in a replay sometime soon, I will snot my soda out muh noze!

and yeah like the others say, prose will abuse the **** outta that ability. Free escapes, shields and insta full team ganks.

Fun times ahead.

Cryptoxantin

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaedryn View Post
Add him to the list of ranked bans
all i can hope is they ban him more than shen now, so i get to play him more often lol

Cryptoxantin

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bag Don View Post

4 champs click lantern

GG

I cannot wait to see that in a replay sometime soon, I will snot my soda out muh noze!

and yeah like the others say, prose will abuse the **** outta that ability. Free escapes, shields and insta full team ganks.

Fun times ahead.
Dude the lantern only works one at a time

dambros

01-22-2013

I may be wrong, but by this video he seem he will be permabanned on raked. If Blitz is permabanned, I don't see why he won't :/

It is a shame though, since he would make support a little funnier to play at least, but idc about blind picks

SSSTONERRR

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bag Don View Post

4 champs click lantern

GG

Fun times ahead.
Only 1 champion can use his lantern to jump to him, after that the lantern returns into his hand, but the shields supplied by the lantern will last till broken or timer runs out.

I personally will b bringing him top lane not as a support, he relies to much on items to become tanky since they rebablanced his passive since it WON'T scale MR as well, and i believe he has no scaling Mr to begin with, thus making him a "shen" of sorts, with out the global ult, but rather the SOLO escape from the lantern.

Say HELLO to the NEW CC king- Thresh!

Edit: how long do you think it will take Riot to "unlock" the 4th "Ban" slot in draft? (next time your in draft/ranked look and see there is one Ban slot not available)

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

You only get so many bans. If he's ban another champ will be available to select that hasn't been in a long time.

Plus I don't think it's that huge of a deal. His pull doesn't pull as fast or as far as Blitzes at all.

Gutman

01-22-2013

Can't wait too play him! Thank you riot!

Pharek

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
[youtube]Sv95nBi7ulQ[/youtube]

In this edition of the Champion Spotlight, we’ll show you how Thresh, the Chain Warden supports your team with a powerful collection of crowd control abilities, displacement effects and harassing attacks. As a tanky support, Thresh can initiate, disengage and generally disrupt team fights throughout the game. With good communication, Thresh’s ability to control a fight by displacing enemies and repositioning allies can open new avenues of attack and enable epic escapes. In this video, we’ll run through all of his abilities as well as sample runes and masteries, and share a few useful tips you can use to impale your opponents on the warden’s spectral chains.
hello phreak meet your match