Champion Revealed: Barn, The Sentient Barn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnsonSlong

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsDonovan View Post
The thought has crossed my mind as well. The one thing that sets Barn apart from Oscar the Grouch and ****ty the Backed Up Outhouse is that he could actually fit in League.
A sentient building given life through some mysterious power could happen just as easily as an armadillo finding a magical artifact in the middle of no where, granting him the power of tremors
If Riot used this thread as a foundation for a champ I would be happy.
I understand what your saying, but the precedent would still be there, if you look at the pattern of patches in this game, you will see that regardless of how a champion sits in the game in terms of balance, if enough people cry hard enough, the nerf bat comes a swinging, I would be sad to see Barn enter the game just to see a string of horrible concepts be pushed on the forums and actually gain entry

fired789

01-22-2013

this is amazing

MyNameIsDonovan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonSlong View Post
I understand what your saying, but the precedent would still be there, if you look at the pattern of patches in this game, you will see that regardless of how a champion sits in the game in terms of balance, if enough people cry hard enough, the nerf bat comes a swinging, I would be sad to see Barn enter the game just to see a string of horrible concepts be pushed on the forums and actually gain entry
Yeah, but that's why we have a goaline defense. Riot.
Even if Barn get put into the game, and the community goes, "If Barn can do it, so can ________ the ___________", Riots not going to put something into the game if they don't like or knows wont work.
So even if Someone comes up with Rittick the Cyborg Alien Warlock, who can shoop da woop, and the community loves him, Riot can still say no. That wont stop the GD posts though.

MyNameIsDonovan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fired789 View Post
this is amazing
haha thanks

JohnsonSlong

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsDonovan View Post
Yeah, but that's why we have a goaline defense. Riot.
Even if Barn get put into the game, and the community goes, "If Barn can do it, so can ________ the ___________", Riots not going to put something into the game if they don't like or knows wont work.
So even if Someone comes up with Rittick the Cyborg Alien Warlock, who can shoop da woop, and the community loves him, Riot can still say no. That wont stop the GD posts though.
True, lets hope Riot will stand strong on this AFTER Barn's release

MyNameIsDonovan

01-22-2013

Quote:
True, lets hope Riot will stand strong on this AFTER Barn's release
Here Here!!!!

Chrony

01-22-2013

When are we getting our Barn!?!?!? This needs to be released!

MyNameIsDonovan

01-22-2013

I wish Lord IronStylus would post in here more often, I miss him

Baron Bodacious

01-22-2013

Quote:
But that doesn't make any sense....
To say that would mean Barn's design is bad (it's totally not) and Riot liked it (for some reason) and then put him in their game.

HOWEVER. There have been plenty of fan creations that Riot has not put into the game (for obvious reasons; #DeviantArt).

Riot CHOOSES what goes into the game ultimately, popularity or not. And seeing as how there's a sentient tree and crystal scorpion I don't think a giant flaming mass of living debris is that out there.

MyNameIsDonovan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Bodacious View Post
there's a sentient tree and crystal scorpion I don't think a giant flaming mass of living debris is that out there.
this