"we lose bcuz u aren't tanky, malphite"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
So your strategy works every time the enemy team plays bad? This is what we call a bad strategy.
Again, you've lost the entire point. It's not a strategy. It's an instance of one game.

You are taking this out of context by questioning the viability of AD Malphite across all games. This was never a question of "does AD Malphite work across all games." This was a statement of "even if I played by the meta, we would still have lost."

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Which gets us back to where the all started. You're saying the loss isn't your fault at all, because even if you played right, your teammates played bad and it would've been a loss anyway.

Why do you get to say that, but your teammates don't get to say "Well, even if we played right, it really didn't matter because Malphite had some funky build that really wouldn't have accomplished much for us as a team"?

Boagster

01-22-2013

Quote:
There is no difference between a stun and a knockup. It's purely a graphic difference. Mechanically, they're identical.
Not exactly, Pogo. While they serve the same function in essentially the same manner, there is one major mechanical difference: stuns are affected by Tenacity.

Koby

01-22-2013

ad/sotd malp is a worse version of lb tbh very fun tho

Snipawolfe

01-22-2013

Quote:
Which gets us back to where the all started. You're saying the loss isn't your fault at all, because even if you played right, your teammates played bad and it would've been a loss anyway.

Why do you get to say that, but your teammates don't get to say "Well, even if we played right, it really didn't matter because Malphite had some funky build that really wouldn't have accomplished much for us as a team"?
How would it not have accomplished much for the team? I'd still have destroyed their ADC and we'd have had the gold/damage required to actually win the teamfights after I shut their ADC down. If the Mundo wasn't as fed as he was, their front line would have been nonexistent since I shut down Xin Zhao during laning.

I did what I could, but no matter what I would have done or how I would have built, I wouldn't have been able to carry that game without the other players changing how they played... And yet my team blames me. The loss is my fault as much as everyone else's, but that's the point. Why should I be blamed for not following the meta when it wouldn't have changed anything?

RockJockey

01-22-2013

If someone wants to play AD Malphite, that's fine.

But you have to remember to counterbuild. If you are getting instakilled by the enemy team, you might need to invest some gold in health and resistances. It doesn't mean you need to give up damage completely.

The problem isn't your build, but generally someone should be the Designated Tank to run disruption. If you want to be the Melee ADC, then someone else, either Bot Support or Jungler is going to have to be the Designated Tank.

Make sure your teammates know what you are doing in the pre-game chat so that they can work with you.

P.S. I love you Non-Meta build.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
The loss is my fault as much as everyone else's, but that's the point.
Exactly. That's the point. That's the point I made from my very first post.

Flagrock

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
You can't ult into a teamfight, knock someone up, and have killed them before they hit the ground with Jax or Tryndamere. It's technically impossible because both Jax and Trynd don't even have knockups. I know very much what I'm talking about and I play Jax fairly regularly. Malphite's ability to instagib a squishy with a SOTD, IE, and BT is greater than that of Jax's, but Jax remains much more useful throughout the rest of the teamfight and has more consistent DPS. He's probably even more tanky due to his ultimate.
You might not be able to "knock them up" but I could instant jump (procing W before to add dmg) stun and hit that AD carry is dead... Also, you can then turn and start destroying people. Tryndamere... I spin hit the AD carry twice she dies and I start on the next target and mocking shout cutting EVERYONE'S AD by 80 dmg. So, basically all the ap carries have 0 dmg AA. Also, unlike you when you die and truly die, I still have at least 5 seconds to burn people. Your point and extremely flawed logic is down.

Now, tanks their job is to initiate GOOD fights and if needed protect your carry. It doesn't matter if you instantly kill their carry their bruisers destroy your carry and can kill you (psst btw bruisers counter "AD malph" because bruisers counter carries). So, yeah Tank Malph would have given you insane survivability and damage and WHO CARES IF YOU CAN PUSH TURRETS. If you AD carry is alive they push better and you can tank. It's not totally your fault for losing the game, but you can't blame them either when if you actually went the "meta" build you'd of basically been unkillable and still been able to melt people. I do it all the time and I 3 shot carries with E while still being good vs bruisers. It's the team's fault you had no tank INCLUDING YOUR FAULT AND EVERYONE ELSE.

roskosp33

01-22-2013

It's great you can insta gib the adc, but malphite isn't an assassin, period. He doesn't have the mechanics to get away after you kill MF. That was kha'zik's job this game, not yours. You can kill her and die where he can kill her and jump out or go invisible to survive.

You keep mentioning your team was feeding, but if you were dying for a kill, that's feeding too. That's not benefitting your team. Actually it sounds like you were baiting them into losing fights just to get yourself a kill.

Also it was your job to initiate, not kha like you were complaining about.

If you pick a tank champ people expect you to tank, peel, etc. Your team already had enough damage, but no tank to protect them.

We all know Malphite can do a ton of damage. AP Amumu can do a ton of damage. Alistair can. Singed can. Pretty much any champ can be built to have a **** ton of burst, but they don't have the mechanics to kite or get away afterwards.

I mean you have r-e-w. Then you're a squishy auto attacker with fairly long CDs. Q does no damage. You have no armor or AP so E is weak too. You are actually denying your champion so much utility. Build armor and a little bit of AP. You still do tons of damage now from all of your abilities and can tank a whole team.

From what it sounds like, you're not a team player and only care about your own personal score. Hate to break it to you, but that's not how this game works.

Sorry broski. If you wanna be an assassin or an auto attacker then try playing one. Kha for example already does both these things, and you don't even have to help your team or save anyone. Just go kill things and kill them quick. Good luck to you my naive friend.

SeCKS Egai

01-22-2013

Snipa, I think its pretty clear that from those discussing, your choice to go AD wasn't the only factor in losing that game.

The point I believe others and myself included are trying to make is, that your team was behind, and your choice to build like an assassin did not improve your chances of winning, even if you were eliminating a major target.

As an adc, in a team fight, my biggest threat is far less likely to be the enemy adc. The AP carry is usually the biggest if they're a burst caster, but most of the time its generally going to be the bruiser and tank forcing me out of a position to engage my priority targets.

I'm pretty reliant on the bruiser and tank to run interference so I can wail on the damage dealers first, otherwise I'm zoned out or killed within seconds.

Killing the enemy adc is a priority for the tank/bruiser, but if getting that kill leaves your own team defenseless then you end up doing them a disservice. ADC's may do the most damage, but lack survivability. Without protection, they go down pretty quickly, regardless of the team. By placing so much emphasis on that one carry, you're allowing the enemy team free reign at the rest of your team, who are going to get demolished as underfed as they already are.

Back when I first started, I used to run Veigar alot, and had nice looking kdas but still ate losses even when going 15/0/+. Through experience I realized that while I may eliminate a key target, in bad situations I needed to go out of my way to support the entire team and be willing to eat a death in the process if it allowed us to win the teamfight in the end.

Just as you're killing a major target, I did the same, but what made me a weaker player then was being so focused on my kda lookin pretty instead of seizing the opportunity or taking the risk so that my other teammates could come out ahead.