Every character unlocked before playing ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXx Amadeuz xXx

01-22-2013

asdasd

mendeleyev

01-22-2013

i don't know about currently, but in season 3, the flyer thing says you MUST own 16 champs.

16 is a much more fair number than

ALL OF THE CHAMPS OMG BE ELITIST OR GTFO

Rikkhan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoStoner View Post
I told you there is many many ways around this. those were a few examples.

the game clearly says to play characters you dont have.

why do people buy skins in the first place? they are pointless yet they are making riot rich. this game is an e-sport. allowing all characters unlocked OR changing the elo differences you can duo with (example) a 2k rating cant duo with a 1000 rater. must be about 100 elo apart. OR make champions cost less. OR change the ban rules. there is tons and tons of ways around it. the best choice would be to fix the elo duo rating difference.
1) Every champion unlocked before playing ranked: Nonsense, that would be suicidal, there will be a massive ragequit.

2) All champion unlocked: LoL will make not profit from champs so is no go, also people will lose some interest in the game, you know there's a feeling of archivement when you buy a champion.

3)" I don't have that character to fill that role" fixed: False, there are 450 ip champ for every role, what they are really saying is "I hate (insert role) and Im not going to play it" or "Im awful at (insert role) let me have another role"

Sharky Shark

01-22-2013

You need to fill up all of your rune pages as well.

Even saying you should own at least half of the champions is a stretch. But the current sixteen champion requirement may be a bit too low now.

You have to own 1/4 of the available champions is more reasonable. And that number should round up if it's a number like 113. So 30 champions plus 1.

FusionMetroid

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoStoner View Post
if this was implemented then there would be no more " I don't have that character to fill that role " huge problem would be crushed.

Discuss
This would not work. Prime example, new champion is released, now everyone has to buy the new champion in order to play ranked again. You cannot take something away like ranked, once it is always given to them.

Ramachese

01-22-2013

Really the optimal number of champions to own before playing ranked is 4 in each role. You have one that you prefer to play, one to replace you main if it gets banned or chosen by the other team, one that you can alter to if your normal choice is countered hard by the opposing team before you chose, and one final for countering reasons. Asking people to own any more than that is really just being a bit of an elitist and goes way beyond necessary.

Orcman21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramachese View Post
Really the optimal number of champions to own before playing ranked is 4 in each role. You have one that you prefer to play, one to replace you main if it gets banned or chosen by the other team, one that you can alter to if your normal choice is countered hard by the opposing team before you chose, and one final for countering reasons. Asking people to own any more than that is really just being a bit of an elitist and goes way beyond necessary.
Should actually be 5. 3 can go to bans, and 1 to the other team. If you only have 4 then that would leave you with nothing to play. Assuming your team does not ban any of the 5 that you own.

MomAgroOP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

good idea.
make it so only 3 kinds of people can play ranked.
1. People who have no life aside from LoL.
2. People who can afford to blow tons of money on a free game.
3. People who abused the refer a friend program.