Stats for Turret Takedowns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theDoc99

01-22-2013

1st time poster, whats up everybody? I was curious what your thoughts would be on the addition of a new stat to show how many turrets somebody took down in a game. There are stats for Kills and Assists, etc... but none for turret takedowns.

whiteandnerdy42

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Well, I'm not sure, because there aren't that many turrets on each team, hopefully you're only in one lane and so can only destroy the turrets in that lane, and a lot of turrets are taken out by creeps. But it's an interesting idea, since destroying turrets is a big part of the game.

OriginalJack

01-22-2013

Isn't it listed in the grid section, you know where they keep track of damage dealt etc.?

theDoc99

01-22-2013

Ah you're right, I never looked there to see if they had it. Would be nice to have it on the popup when you hold Tab though. But hey, thanks for pointing out where it is in the post-game stats OriginalJack, that's cool!

adc

01-22-2013

What's the point, though? It doesn't matter how many turrets have been killed by one person.

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

01-22-2013

It shows in your match history how many turrets and inhibitors you've taken down. Also, the number of takedowns you have include the turrets destroyed.

whiteandnerdy42

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
What's the point, though? It doesn't matter how many turrets have been killed by one person.
I agree, seeing as how turret kills individually don't matter that much in the game. Remember that the point is to work together as a team and destroy the nexus, so why does it matter who took down more turrets?

theDoc99

01-22-2013

Why does it matter when people say "kill steal" then if its a group effort? It just happens. I've never went off on anybody for a "KS" because that just takes a champ off the board for a few seconds, and prevents that champ from leveling up as fast. But people take that so serious that they'll either rage log or stop helping out.

OriginalJack

01-22-2013

Yeah turrets killed doesn't really seem like a stat I'd really care about.... maybe dmg dealt to/from turrets instead? Even then I'm not sure what's I would do with that info... maybe so you could see if the tank was infact going in first when you were trying to tower dive?