Every character unlocked before playing ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

if this was implemented then there would be no more " I don't have that character to fill that role " huge problem would be crushed.

Discuss

Belgannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

New problem -- Huge Que times at <1600 elo. Also mass exodus to Dota2.

Discuss.

timwizard

01-22-2013

I understand that ranked should require more from your everyday summoner but I feel having to have EVERY champion is a bit over the top. Realistically it would be better if a system was implemented that allowed you to queue as a role or roles with a preferred order say:

1. Mid
2. Adc
3. Support

This could provide some flexibility and if lets say everyone had at least 3 roles they could play you would then cut down on instances that PsychoStoner brought to light.

Kavrae

01-22-2013

Both suggestions are terrible.

Owning every champ is not something that's going to happen, even for people playing for a ridiculously long time. When a new champ is released for 6300 IP should every ranked player be banned from playing until they buy it?

For role queue, just do a simple search. That suggestion appears on the forums about once every two hours and is still a bad idea.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

Quote:
New problem -- Huge Que times at <1600 elo. Also mass exodus to Dota2.
huh? what does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
Owning every champ is not something that's going to happen, even for people playing for a ridiculously long time. When a new champ is released for 6300 IP should every ranked player be banned from playing until they buy it?
and honestly why is that so bad? when you are banned from ranked it forces you to follow the summoners code and PLAY CHARACTERS YOU DONT PLAY

there is tons and tons of ways around this. Make it so you win random champions making them easier to get. this also forces players to spend more money on the game. brings more balance and actually goes hand in hand with the summoners code. the summoners code CLEARLY says that players should fill roles and play characters THEY DONT USUALLY PLAY TO FILL ROLES. if you dont have that character then the entire team suffers.

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

01-22-2013

I own all the champions. Boom.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

and how much more viable and flexible do you feel from a person who only has 7? HUGE right?

Fate000

01-22-2013

Psycho: do a quick calculation. How long does it take for a casual player to buy all the champions currently in shop (and no new champions)? The answer is nine years.
Would you want to wait nine years before playing ranked?

playerwinner

01-22-2013

So the new requirment for ranked would be multiple games every day for the next 3 years, or spend $150+. I bet not even 0.5% of active players have all champions good luck even getting a ranked game.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

rp boosts happen. streams give away rp all the time. people have jobs and buy points. maybe just in ranked games unlock every character? there is plenty of ways around this.