Shouldn't Vi's R proc her W?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulsefire Mundo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
- R doesn't do anything sometimes
Yeah, forgot that one. I spam R and nothing happens, then I see it's on cooldown already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Person View Post
not sure if this is working as intended but can you look at her passive?. at 2046hp i believe it said it would create a 10hp shield if i hit something with my abilities, whe i looked at it it only shielded for about 190hp. its nothing major, just something that bugs me when i know its off.
I believe it doesn't take runes/masteries into account. Not sure if intentional.

nice ult janna

01-22-2013

She is insanely tanky and scales/snowballs incredibly well. Nerfed Riven? NP just play Vi. She doesn't need buffing at all.

Jazman84

01-22-2013

Her Q is still one of the worst abilities in the game. The idea is a good one, but the execution is clunky and counter intuitive.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

01-22-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Off topic, but you should swap your avatar to Vi, since she's way less hated.

Trust me - this one's a good fit ;D

Darling Dolorosa

01-22-2013

Any chance we can get a refund on mana or CD if we hold onto her Q?

Orihalconite

01-22-2013

Are people really saying Vi's early game is weak?

She is one of the strongest level 3 champions in the game. Top lane her lvl 3 all is is freaking terrifying, and if she comes out of jungle and lands a Q on you with doublebuff you are pretty much dead. Even if she wont do enough damage to kill you on her own, all she needs is for the laner to flash and ignite for the secure.

People are seriously sleeping on this champion.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Denting blows used to deal significantly more damage and stack to 4 back in development. The original intent was to create tension around getting that first proc. Q, AA, E gave three stacks; hard part was getting that 4th one.

So why did I end up switching to 3 stacks? Because while it was cool that Vi had to work for W proc #1, she could never really expect to get a 2nd proc. Q,AA, E, AA, E left her with no spells and only 1 stack of the passive. Getting those last 3 hits just wasn't feasible.

Had to ask myself which pattern would be better for Vi in the long run. 4 Stacks made the first proc difficult but the unlikeliness of getting a second proc encouraged a Talon like play pattern that was all about charging in, unloading the burst, and then running away because you had nothing to do until your spells were back up. 3 stacks made getting one proc easy, but it also encouraged Vi to commit harder to engagements and brawl for longer all for the chance of getting that second W.

So yeah, felt the second playstyle was closer to what Vi's character is about (getting in people's face and hitting them a ton) so I decided to go with 3 stacks.
This made me curious: If you apply denting blows 3 times to a person who already has 3 stacks of denting blows, does she get the attack speed bonus once again? Or would it only happen if it wears off from the first time? Because if it doesn't, it seems like an incentive to go after multiple targets and get them all to 3 stacks of denting blows rather than sticking to one target (also emphasized by the lack of stickiness in her kit). It kind of matches her brawler type if that's the case: just hitting anything she can get her hands on.

Prkl8r

01-22-2013

Btw gypsy if you are still keeping an eye on this thread, if Q gets interrupted it can still bug the ability out for some amount of time so you cant cast it. Happened to me in the last game i played a few times. I think it was either caused by something swain did or kennen.

Qbe

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orihalconite View Post
Are people really saying Vi's early game is weak?

She is one of the strongest level 3 champions in the game. Top lane her lvl 3 all is is freaking terrifying, and if she comes out of jungle and lands a Q on you with doublebuff you are pretty much dead. Even if she wont do enough damage to kill you on her own, all she needs is for the laner to flash and ignite for the secure.

People are seriously sleeping on this champion.
...and then if you miss the Q for any reason, congrats, you just gave the enemy laner a free kill. And then *he* starts to snowball, and you will lose any following all-ins. And guess what's her kit good at? All ins.

DrMrSisterFister

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbe View Post
...and then if you miss the Q for any reason, congrats, you just gave the enemy laner a free kill. And then *he* starts to snowball, and you will lose any following all-ins. And guess what's her kit good at? All ins.
Are you charging in with Low health, while their jungle is there, without your passive up, or when he's fed? Because you really shouldn't die by just missing a q.