why duo ranking is OP and broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

Quote:
What? They are not always going to get top/bot... That's a very odd assumption you have gathered.

From my experience with duo, we usually just role fill/pick the role we want, or at the least duo bot.
again no one is assuming ****. this is 100 percent 10/10 consistent thing.

Alleria

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoStoner View Post
again no one is assuming ****. this is 100 percent 10/10 consistent thing.

Look, I'm not saying ELO is a great system in general. I think it is pretty poorly done and the new changes are even poorer. Comparing these stupid numbers is pretty redundant overall. I agree it could definitely be changed based around skill. I'm guessing it's just a fast way for Riot to make the Queues shorter for duo partners who have different ELOs. You're never going to be able perfectly balance this because not everyone in your ranked lobby will be queued up as a duo either. I don't think it is broken, I just think it is a stupid concept. DUO should just be removed and left for Solo Q and Teams. I just don't think that making a duo in a game is really that groundbreaking though. Whatever, though.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

omfg yes it is!!!!!

there is soooo many things you have to worry about in this game already.

trolls.

people who dont have characters to fill in.

people who dont follow the summoners code.

you tell people to ban certain characters and they dont.

then on top of all this people think this isnt possible. this is consistant. this just forces people to make super low smurf accounts with low elo and then help the other person lvling there elo faster by always being able to counter pick 2 characters.

you can already see in this thread that people dont belive this is real and they think im assuming this.Try it yourself before you judge. 1000 elo and a 1300. about a 100-150 elo gap should work.

this is what me and my friend do.

hes last pick right? i like olaf top. so i pick lee sin first. then he picks olaf last. i NEVER GET COUNTERED SO I DOMINATE MY LANE EASLY. ITS A HUGE ADVANTAGE AND NEEDS TO BE KNOWN. TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!

If the game flat out told you that this was happining and it was consistant then EVERYONE would be doing this. but people dont want to believe it. I will make a video of doing this prooving this asap.

there should be divisons like this.

1000 elo
1100 elo
1200 elo

if you are duoing you cant have a 2000 rating guy que with a 1000 rating guy. it should be like 200 gap or less. that would truley balance it out.

publicshark

01-22-2013

Ignore anything to do with duoing. Imagine all players are simply player 1-5.

Players picking in an order to make it most difficult to be countered has always existed, and if you aren't doing it, you're doing it wrong.

I treat all my teamates as my duo, that is to say I want the best teamwork we can muster as a team.

Your statement that 9/10 games, first pick would not own your champion, is ridiculous. Unless you wanted some crazy niche champion. It can be said that there exists a set of champions that all should own to compliment counterpicks and swaps in ranked, and if your problem is such, select a champion that is more commonly owned.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

ok im imaging it. this is what happens "so and so do you have this champion so we can trade and not be countered?" "no dude i dont" GG

but if you exploit the system like im telling you. its a 100 percent chance.

Quote:
here is soooo many things you have to worry about in this game already.

trolls.

then on top of all this people think this isnt possible. this is consistant. this just forces people to make super low smurf accounts with low elo and then help the other person lvling there elo faster by always being able to counter pick 2 characters.

you can already see in this thread that people dont belive this is real and they think im assuming this.Try it yourself before you judge. 1000 elo and a 1300. about a 100-150 elo gap should work.

hes last pick right? i like olaf top. so i pick lee sin first. then he picks olaf last. i NEVER GET COUNTERED SO I DOMINATE MY LANE EASLY. ITS A HUGE ADVANTAGE AND NEEDS TO BE KNOWN. TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!

If the game flat out told you that this was happining and it was consistant then EVERYONE would be doing this. but people dont want to believe it. I will make a video of doing this prooving this asap.

1000 elo
1100 elo
1200 elo

if you are duoing you cant have a 2000 rating guy que with a 1000 rating guy. it should be like 200 gap or less. that would truley balance it out.
So basicully what youre saying is that people should have EVERY CHARACTER UNLOCKED BEFORE PLAYING RANKED? right? is that what you mean?

publicshark

01-22-2013

Last pick on both teams have the ability to select a champion that will no be countered. I don't understand why Duoing changes that.

It appears your only problem is that not everyone owns all champs.

Perhaps learn multiple champs in each role.

Sure you can almost 100% secure Olaf as a duo, but then the problem arises when you only pick Olaf 100% of games. Not being open to variation may be a bad habit where you counter yourself.

The onus is on last pick to complete his team with an effective champion and perhaps Olaf has already been countered. You're trying to say that your Duo partner can always do so, whereas Solo q players cannot. I don't understand the difference between a Duo'd last pick and a Solo q last pick.

publicshark

01-22-2013

By the set of champions, I mean those that are more commonly picked/banned or sought after.

For example:
Taric
Sona
Shen
Malphite
Amumu

Some top champions:
Garen, Jax, Olaf, would be a reasonable selection.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

no one counters olaf. argument is invalid. his ult plus ghost is OP.

malphite and mumu are always banned. this argument you have is invalid. try again

Quote:
Last pick on both teams have the ability to select a champion that will no be countered. I don't understand why Duoing changes that.
I already told you. a person whos last pick usually doesnt have the character you want to trade. BUT if you exploit the system like I keep telling you. then its 100 percent chance.

Quote:
here is soooo many things you have to worry about in this game already.

trolls.

1000 elo
1100 elo
1200 elo

Forcing players to have every character unlocked before playing ranked would also fix this problem.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

reporting in. this is officially 100 percent chance. the higher elo player always gets top and the lower buddy always gets bottom. im dead serious.

PsychoStoner

01-22-2013

bump