I cant do any damage as the adc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sklaf

01-19-2013

i really wish that i was because i wouldint feel sick right now

PCPXTC

01-19-2013

As an adc champion from what I learned so far its all about just poking during team fights, using your team as shields, saving spells for koes on the enemy carries, auto attacking the bruisers/tanks that lead there fight until you are in position to take out the squishies.. Pretty much just positioning and doing as much damage as possible. Your not gonna win a 1 v 1 with an evenly farmed melee opponent without keeping distance from their spells. Maybe not the best advice as I'm not very good at adc, but hopefully it helps!

charnjf

01-19-2013

well by the looks of it your lane fed to hell with you going 1 kill 8 deaths. She was probably well ahead of your level because of it, she also built kinda tanky with a warmogs but base armor from what i can tell, besides what her runes gave. She probably initiated with ult which gives her a shield and was able to shred you that way. I couldn't tell you totally because I don't know what your build order was. But you didn't have any MR unless you had runes and she seemed to be a key damage dealer.

sklaf

01-19-2013

well the problem semes to be that we team fight we have no tanks thier entire team has 3k+ health and i cant kill anyone and get instantly focused down that has been the last 15 games that i have played

whatever the magic ingredient in peoples brains that lets them be good at positioning i do not have it

FadedAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

You should do bloodthirster, phathom dancer than go for the armor pen to infinity edge

Rogerlikesfood

01-21-2013

your probably just used to playing adc when your hyper fed, in which case you 3 shot anyone on the other team
also remember that adc's are the ones that do consistent damage not burst damage so it will take a few seconds before you realize how much damage your actually doing

Zaphery

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklaf View Post
nope i just got compleatly owned by a jungle eve she had like 3.2k hp i would auto attack her and i would take off like no hp
I do hope you weren't trying to 1v1 her.

If eve has 3.2k hp you shouldn't really be focusing her unless she is the only one doing the damage on their team. Also get your brusiers and tanks to peel for you if she is trying to burst you down.

Soulkatti

01-21-2013

AD carries generally peak when they grab their third big item because at this point they will have attack damage, critical strike chance, attack speed, and armor penetration. That being said, I can understand feeling helpless against a fed top lane bruiser, but generally speaking, if you have a minimum of three items and a competent team in front of you, you should be fine. Also, AD carry is probably the hardest role to play as far as team fighting and raw mechanical skill is concerned. You are squishy which means positioning and micro-management of your champion is incredibly important. I come from a Starcraft II background, so small mechanical adjustments of champions came naturally to me, but it never ceases to amaze me just how many people don't know how to kite/orb walk/attack move/micro manage their champions. I would suggest watching some CLG Doublelift, if you are serious about improving as an ADC, because he is generally known for his mechanical skill and positioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2FuczBq1s
That link is a decent showcase of his skills.

Just to clarify, when i mention orb walking or micro management, I'm referring to the minimization of downtime between auto attacks. For example, if you just right click a champion who is running away your damage will drop because your champion will attempt to move when he or she should be attacking, rather than if you moved between every auto attack. The same premise applies while kiting or repositioning your champion. If your auto attack is on "cooldown" there is no reason you should not be repositioning your champion. Obviously, the faster your attack speed, the more difficult this task becomes. This probably wasn't what you were looking for, but maybe it helped someone.

I Z Z I

01-21-2013

If you're not doing damage with ADC, here are the problems:
1) enemy team too fedforf you to stay long enough to deal damage because your team just got wrecked way too fast
2) you're farming badly and the item build is going really slow
3) you're not positioning yourself properly in a team fight and therefore you get caught and die really fast