Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

01-21-2013

Riot busy banning people because they disagree with what these other people say, tsk tsk Riot

MrSnitches

01-21-2013

Look at all the negative attitude towards improvements. Just sad.

Silenton

Recruiter

01-22-2013

I think Riot should fix the matchmaking system for ranked (put all the placement match ppl into one queue).

BigTallUgly

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnitches View Post
Do you know the youtube commentator TotalBiscuit?

He makes a good point in one of his videos about an interesting phenomenon. The forum boards of most games attract people who are fanboys. People who don't like the game simply pack up and leave.

Therefore, when you dare to criticize the game on a vast majority of the forums out there, the fanboys are immediately on your **** and decrying you as a noob who needs to leave rather than try to change a perfect product.

Interesting principle of human psychology.

sepetaiya

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnitches View Post
thats because newb talluglys suggestion is not an improvement. he just keeps bumping his own thread and for his egos sake wont let it die.

Ragequitternob

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenton View Post
I think Riot should fix the matchmaking system for ranked (put all the placement match ppl into one queue).
They must this system cause people to drop to elo hell sadly. And by all means improve in more maps or game modes cause you never see a dominion or twisted treeline (rarely) in a ranked match

Liamsdad

01-23-2013

I think one of the major barriers against increasing the number of maps is the lack of interest there will be in them. We already have 3 game modes (4 if you include ARAM matches). What is the most popular? Summoner's Rift by far. What do ALL OVER MOBA GAMES copy? A map style similar to 5v5 style of summoner's rift.

Looking at it from a competitive sport's stance, I think Riot is making the right call, at least on the decision to stand by a singular map and competitive arena. Basketball, Baseball, Football, etc. while there are thousands of fields, the same basic qualifications for how their fields are structured remain in place. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. If you're bored with League, it is probably due to a lack of ability (in general, or with a wide variety of champions), Go play another game, it's not like you're wasting money on riot, it's a free to play game.

LG MoonV2

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Hey all;

I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.

Right now, there's only one. Summoner's Rift. . With the standard lanes, mid, top, bot jungle. Which is fine. Eventually, there will come a point when this becomes boring. There will come a point when players want more, there will come games that deliver it better.

I'm asking that Riot have a little vision. Making new champs right now might be a great business model. I'm sure Pulsefire EZ will be a big hit with the kids. What the developers need to realize, a few years down the road, it will be the lack of major content upgrades that kills the game.

Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked. When you queue for ranked games, I strongly suggest Riot start throwing people into a random game mode, only one of which is the summoner's rift, with its current rules and limitations.

By all means Riot, keep making those champs, but please, start improving the game. I think its just for the good of the long-term standing.

Listen kid. If you would follow the patch updates and the League videos, then you would know Riot is already doing this. Stop making a thread that's just stupid with an invalid point.

BigTallUgly

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG MoonV2 View Post
Listen kid. If you would follow the patch updates and the League videos, then you would know Riot is already doing this. Stop making a thread that's just stupid with an invalid point.

Ugh, sigh, people seem to be living in a different universe from mine. Perception = reality, amirite xD

BigTallUgly

01-26-2013

Bamp