How to stop the assassin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HamburgerPony

01-21-2013

My question is basic. How do you stop an assassin, say Zed, from instagibbing your ADC. Really all he has to do is ult, E, auto attack then wait for the ult to proc. Same with talon. Jump on ADC rake and ult and activate ult again. Not saying these champs are OP, jsut wondering how to stop assassins from instagibbing the ADC

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

CC.

Pig Magus

01-21-2013

Wards

HamburgerPony

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
CC.
I agree with wards, but CC? if they INSTAGIB your ADC, cc'ing them after he's dead isnt gonna help

Snipawolfe

01-21-2013

Zed can't just insta-gib someone if all he does is ult to them and E. He'll have to follow up with more damage or that won't kill them. Some kind of hard CC is really all you need to stop him for a second and then he gets blown up if your team can focus properly.

HamburgerPony

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Zed can't just insta-gib someone if all he does is ult to them and E. He'll have to follow up with more damage or that won't kill them. Some kind of hard CC is really all you need to stop him for a second and then he gets blown up if your team can focus properly.
Have you seen a Zed play? He literally ults to the ADC, E's, attacks about twice, and then W's away. His ult procs and if he did at least half the ADC's HP, he will die.

Wiltsee

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgerPony View Post
I agree with wards, but CC? if they INSTAGIB your ADC, cc'ing them after he's dead isnt gonna help

but they're right.

in early game, assassins are ruined by wards.

in late-game, their burst power is weakened. all you have to do is reserve some part of your cc to make sure it's available for them. it only seems hard because you're not on skype coordinating things together.

unless the assassin is incredibly ahead, it's quite hard to just quickly kill an adc without being noticed in a teamfight. leblanc is the only one i could think of with the means of popping in and out, and even then, during late game, she becomes fairly useless.

Snipawolfe

01-21-2013

Quote:
Have you seen a Zed play? He literally ults to the ADC, E's, attacks about twice, and then W's away. His ult procs and if he did at least half the ADC's HP, he will die.
If he's obscenely fed, sure. Regardless, why even let him get two autoattacks off? And why let Zed get within the ~500 distance needed to ult? You can stop these things if you're any champion in the game with a hard CC, and there are plenty.

seam0nk3y

01-21-2013

Kill them before they even do anything?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
Why are you waiting until your ADC is dead before you CC the assassin?

I mean... he's an assassin. You already know what he's going to do. He's also squishy, by the way (otherwise, he's not an assassin). If CC plus your ADC's damage can't kill the assassin before the assassin takes out your ADC, then your ADC isn't doing enough damage and may as well be dead anyway.