Legendary Aether Wing Kayle Takes Flight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

koolSmoke

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekosuave View Post
I hope this does not become the standard price point for a skin. I actually saw someone using this skin in game, so someone was actually willing to pay double the price of a normal mediocre skin to buy this below average skin. In all fairness I would rather see a wingless kayle skin instead of this rather bland looking skin. Of course I retain all rights to my intellectual property so when they do make a wingless kayle I would hope they remember who said it first.
hhmm would she still fly or walk ?

Naonical

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
We're the ones demanding the price be lowered, though, even though there's no reason it should be. For some reason, the people who a) recognize that it fits the criteria for a legendary price point and b) are just choosing not to buy it seem to be in the minority. Instead it's whine, whine, whine. They could charge 4000 RP if they wanted; instead of demanding the quality be raised or the price be lowered, how about we all just not pay for it?

That one post by Zingoras is particularily funny; "it should be re-worked and re-released, I payed for a LEGENDARY skin not for a 975 RP one" ... well if you bought it then you must have felt it was worth it. Not Riot's fault you spent 1820 RP on a skin worth 975 RP, and if they got your money already, your complaints are worthless. Buyer beware and all that. I hope you had some refunds left to use ...

When you pay for something you expect to get what you paid for. If I buy something from Wal-Mart and it's bashed up when I take it out of the box, I'm going right back with my receipt and returning it. I was shown a product that I was expected to get with the quality I was paying for. If I don't get either and I'm not satisfied, I have every right to return what I bought. Same should be said here especially when they are claiming this skin is "legendary" and it completely falls short of the quality they have been releasing for legendaries lately, and for the character herself.

Being to many people are completely disappointed with this skin, Riot needs to either polish her skin up more, or drop the price down lower. Then if a user paid for the skin already, refund them the difference in RP of the new price and old price.

Still love how a Red hasn't attempted to post anything on this board. Yet they jumped right in on the Dragon Trainer Lulu topic skin release REALLY quick.

Fetnah

01-21-2013

Very nice ! and after 2 years i still wonder when you are going to make TF's legendary do something special besides being expensive.... but i guess you're busy making other legendaries and new broken champions

Shamino55

01-21-2013

I payed for it, and I love it.

Because kayle is my main.

NandaCR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

a better idea would have been put on sale judgement kayle, instead of this skin.

I know its kinda unfair because its a first season skin, but for me its cooler than this "legendary"

Kushinda

01-21-2013

the back animation is sick

however its not enough in this day and age..

another idea:

An icarus type: So when she is mele she uses a sword and when she is ranged she uses a light bow

BeastBox

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naon View Post
When you pay for something you expect to get what you paid for. If I buy something from Wal-Mart and it's bashed up when I take it out of the box, I'm going right back with my receipt and returning it. I was shown a product that I was expected to get with the quality I was paying for. If I don't get either and I'm not satisfied, I have every right to return what I bought. Same should be said here especially when they are claiming this skin is "legendary" and it completely falls short of the quality they have been releasing for legendaries lately, and for the character herself.
I take strong issue with the idea that it falls short of legendary quality; I knew the first time I saw it that it would be 1820 RP because the rules for what constitutes a legendary skin are well established and this skin meets them. Honestly, most legendaries are underwhelming. And the Wal-mart comparison falls flat because you can very easily see what the skin looks like on YouTube without having to open any "box". They even posted a video up front. No surprises. And failing all that, you get three refunds. If you've already burned through them, you might want to do a little more research before you make these purchases.

I'm not buying the skin. I recommend anyone not satisfied with it do the same.
Quote:
Being to many people are completely disappointed with this skin, Riot needs to either polish her skin up more, or drop the price down lower. Then if a user paid for the skin already, refund them the difference in RP of the new price and old price.
Some people liked it, some people don't. I see some satisfied customers in this thread. Whether the number support particle improvements, a price drop (not happening) or doing absolutely nothing depends on the metrics Riot is looking at.
Quote:
Still love how a Red hasn't attempted to post anything on this board. Yet they jumped right in on the Dragon Trainer Lulu topic skin release REALLY quick.
DTL required a justification right out the door (fscking Pix); after that, they didn't say word one, despite the protesting. This skin requires zero justification. It's plainly a legendary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekosuave View Post
I hope this does not become the standard price point for a skin. I actually saw someone using this skin in game, so someone was actually willing to pay double the price of a normal mediocre skin to buy this below average skin. In all fairness I would rather see a wingless kayle skin instead of this rather bland looking skin. Of course I retain all rights to my intellectual property so when they do make a wingless kayle I would hope they remember who said it first.
It's the standard price point for a legendary and has been for years. Some people have the disposable income and enjoyment from rarer skins to justify 14 bucks.

downsninja

01-21-2013

i dont think too many people will buy an only decent looking (opinions) skin for 16 dollars
im no tgonan tell peope what to do with their money tho.

side note more Vi skins who makes a new character and gives it only 2 skins?

BeastBox

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsninja View Post
side note more Vi skins who makes a new character and gives it only 2 skins?
How many skins do new characters normally get nowadays?

VergilSama92

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
I'm not buying the skin. I recommend anyone not satisfied with it do the same.

Funny part. On the PBE people were TELLING riot this skin isnt Legendary Quality and they RELEASED and didnt even change it ANYWAY. Riot doesn't listen. Remember that Horrible Bioforge Darius skin? People on PBE said to give it some Green blood stacks or some green glowing icon or anything.

Riot makes threads on the PBE forum and ask for feedback, THEN when we do tell them what's wrong they won't change it whatsoever. If you ask me Riot deserved every bit of Downvotes they got KNOWING the criticism from the PBE wasn't well received.