Shyvana's State in Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
I do like the idea of Shyvanna being a viable hybrid champion, and I think the E change is elegant and helps with her kitability issues without being an overly strong buff. Similarly the increased range on her AA during her ult thematically makes a lot of sense and is consistent with similar abilities.
The CC immunity clause on her Ult is way overboard though. Her ult provides a sizable durability boost, a gap closer, a knockback, and adds a whole lot of AoE to her kit. It would be, in the majority of situations, a much stronger version of Olaf's ult (potentially lower cooldown thanks to on-hit fury generation, triple the duration and duration increases with AAs, provides an AoE nuke/gapcloser/knockback, and adding AoE onto all her abilities is far stronger than the armor pen and, while active, stronger durability buff). Otherwise, good ideas.
Thanks for the feedback.
I was really just wishing for the anti-CC while in flight. I don't care about breaking CC as much as ignoring it while in mid-air.
I'd be perfectly happy with cutting it down to three parts: On-hit effects on Flame Breath, longer auto-attack range in dragon form and immunity to CC while gap closing.

copperpoint

01-21-2013

She has 2 big problems:
1: Synergy: both kit wise AND with items.
2: Her design itself -she is a damage dealing tank. (at least thats my impression of her) to balance the combination of high tankyness and bruiser damage she has no skills. The problem is that the design doesnt really work together the way they made her.

Lore: As a half dragon she always had problems finding her place....
Well at least that is true. You really dont know what she is supposed to do.
Top without any of the usual skills for that? Jungle - whith no skills for ganks ? C.Jungle - again no skill in her kit that would allow such a ultra risky move or that would reward it.

My wishlist is a little longer though: ^^
AP scaling for W - so that we can actually use hybrid items like trinity.
CC removal effect on activation.
CDR/Lv :maxed ~8 Sec CD
Ulti: CC-immunity while charging.
a bigger reach for AA+ Q
maybe some other form of defensive buffs - usually a charging initiator either has an aoe cc effect, or a a massive tank skill.
Maybe increasing it to 10/20/30 from 10/15/20 would already do the trick.
Or another scaling of AD? Pushing AP only increases the initial dmg, but does nothing for what comes after it
Fireball: Remove cast time + something else.

Axhliay

01-21-2013

I feel like doing a 100 game spree as Shyvana. I played around 80 games as her last season, before i slowed down on how much I play.

I know that shes not that bad, but she does need some help.

Estred Shantile

01-21-2013

Bump, there are good ideas here but they need to be seen.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Just FYI, Her W was once an AP scaling ability. Riot thought that too many people were playing her as an AP bruiser (which she was) so they switched it to AD instead.
That is a shame because that works better AP.

copperpoint

01-21-2013

Yea, I definately would prefer that too. It makes picking items for her way easier.
And you could actually use some of those neat hybrid items way better: Rageblade, Trinity, hextech ... pretty much like Jax.

@Riot:
Please stop making new champs every 3 weeks and turn your attention to the season 3 adjustments, including the champions. Pleaaase.

Jordman3

01-21-2013

I think overall she needs either a soft CC, CC removal on W activation/ tenacity, or a reworked E. Any of these would definitely help her. Also some tweaks to help her in jungle, or to counter jungle. Currently, she is outclassed by so many other champions for so many roles.

Estred Shantile

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
That is a shame because that works better AP.
I prefer her as an ADP scaling character. She is part magic part physical and I love that quality but she is not rewarded for building Hybrid well enough. Her E should have an AP and AD ratio. I would suggest .5 AD and .3 AP or perhaps if that's too high .4 of each?

Martyrofsand

01-21-2013

Not sure where all this is coming from I'm sporting damn near a 85% win rate with Shyvana in 3s and 5s. She's been absolutely amazing for me.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
Not sure where all this is coming from I'm sporting damn near a 85% win rate with Shyvana in 3s and 5s. She's been absolutely amazing for me.
and?

Shy was over nerfed in S2 and she is severely gimped in s3. There arent any items that works on her since her kit has funky scaling and magic dmg abilities.