Congrats Lyte, The tribunal has literally made the community 10x worse.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlwayswinterDays

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
You won't convince Lyte with that, he's too optimist. I constantly play ranked since 2010 and I can see the difference, it's way worse than it used to be... Everyone is crying for reports, people can't even play because they spend more time talking.
But how many players there were in 2010? You can't blame the tribunal for the massive influx of toxic individuals.

The tribunal (or at least some form of it) is needed,people need to fear punishment.Before the tribunal people weren't afraid of being banned ("gg i spent money on rp,they can't ban me),now the people doing the tribunal don't give a twitch's ass about you spending money on rp.

MickoXD

01-20-2013

Seriously just ignore. Its the best thing you can do as saying something back would encourage them to carry on flaming. Ignoring will help them realise that this person isnt going to react which would basically shut them up. It works for me anyway.

Auspexa

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merzugy View Post
But how many players there were in 2010? You can't blame the tribunal for the massive influx of toxic individuals.

The tribunal (or at least some form of it) is needed,people need to fear punishment.Before the tribunal people weren't afraid of being banned ("gg i spent money on rp,they can't ban me),now the people doing the tribunal don't give a twitch's ass about you spending money on rp.
I don't know but nobody used to scream "RAPORT PLZ" in all chat simply because report function was useless back in the days and you had to take screenshot or something if you want to get someone banned. This is what matters for me, people crying about reports kill all the gaming experience. Someone flaming me? I don't give a ****, I'm not a 6 years old mama's boy who can't overcome a little bit of flaming, I just want to play a game without arguing and flaming but this NEVER happens.

I'd suggest implementing votemute like CS:S servers but I know premades will ruin it, so... I personally don't like ignoring flamers because they keep trashtalking and I'm afraid some idiot will report me because of the flamer and this happens a lot, we all see it on Tribunal.

Before Tribunal people wouldn't get offended so easily. Now they all act like butthurt idiots. If I say "stop feeding noob" to a 0-11 player he doesn't have the right to respond with flaming and say "reported noob have fun banned". Why do such people even exist? This community is one of the worst game communities out there and on the contrary we want to get people banned for "r3tard". It's obviously not working, is it? People need to grow some balls.

Riot is doing it wrong. They can't remove toxicity by banning players, they're approaching the situation the wrong way. They keep bragging about their perfect Tribunal system but I can't even play a single ranked game without flamers. I'm starting to think this is the best they can do or something, or they are amateurs.

Squippit

01-20-2013

That's odd. I don't report for any of those things you listed. Guess I must be using the tribunal wrong. My bad.

Medio Morde

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
Report OP for innapropriate name
this

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMyPhatty View Post
Every single game I play people just scream report for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING now.

Lose lane = Report
Get outplay = Report
Die and give out first blood = OH THAT A REPORT
Lose a team fight = Better report that too
Have a bad game = Report him, he is a troll.
Team gets caught and your clearing a big wave top = REPORT THAT TROLL
Ask team to group up = STFU reported
Ask team to buy wards = STFU reported
Jungle and teammate loses lane = REPORT TROLL JUNGLE

the list goes on and on....

Every game is absolutely miserable. Spending half your time defending yourself against ppl screaming report, especially these people that sit in all chat asking the other team to false report players.

Ranked is 100x worse then normal, there is always 1-2 people that cannot accept they get outplayed and lost and look for a scapegoat and scream report as loud as they can. Thats my idea of logging on and enjoy a GAME, spending 40 minutes trying to defend myself against these raging report spammers.
I will believe you if and only if (hehe that is a math term) you can honestly say that almost all of those things are NOT caused by, or exacerbated by offensive language, verbal abuse, or negative attitude. If the team was truly willing to work together, even in times of adversity, they would without these problems.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-20-2013
1 of 22 Riot Posts

Everyone in this thread, take a serious look at your match history.

How many games had a true intentional feeder going 1-30 or worse? How many games had a Leaver? How many games had a player saying extremely offensive slurs like f*ggot or n*gger?

All of these things are dramatically lower than they were a year ago.

For players that still see a high rate of these behaviors... you are the only common link in your games. You might want to reflect on why a large majority of players don't see the same things you do.

EDIT ::: To add to the original post, some positive players do get unlucky strings of Leavers/AFKs or players showing toxic behaviors--I've explained in the next few posts how we want to try to tackle this in the coming year. If you interpreted my post as pawning blame on the players, that's my fault and I apologize. Player behavior is a collaboration between Riot and the community and that's the main point I wanted to make--we're all responsible. It's not just up to us as developers of the game, and it's not just up to the players who want to enjoy the game.

Some players play Ranked a lot, and I've admitted a few times that Ranked is nowhere where it needs to be--we still have an extremely long way to go in Ranked when it comes to player behavior.

I also agree that "report" is often used as a threat, but I've mentioned before that very few players actually follow through and report--the average player right now only gets reported about 5 times in 100 games. That's a pretty low number and surprised even us. Without the Tribunal, Honor, LeaverBuster and all of these other player behavior features, we actually saw a pretty high number of games with intentional feeding (extreme examples like 1-30), AFK/Leaving, and rampant use of racial slurs and similarly offensive language. These have gone down, but we certainly do see a fair number of players use "report" to threaten and bully others.

Ever since the player behavior team was formed, we've also been extremely open with data around systems like the Tribunal. Some players in this thread may not realize that every single Reform Card case on NA is still openly available and can be downloaded for analysis. Numerous players have aggregated hundreds of thousands of Tribunal cases and crunched the data and they all come to the same conclusion we do--the Tribunal works pretty darn well for removing or reforming the most toxic players in the game.

Is the Tribunal perfect? Of course not. No system is ever perfect. However, we're at a point with the Tribunal that we believe that we can get better gains working on other systems like further improving the Honor Initiative, LeaverBuster, and maybe even entirely new systems down the road.

K94

01-20-2013

:3 haven't been banned once in 3 years.... If you aren't a dick you'll be fine.

RadMage

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

How many games had a true intentional feeder going 1-30 or worse? How many games had a Leaver? How many games had a player saying extremely offensive slurs like f*ggot or n*gger?

All of these things are dramatically lower than they were a year ago.

For players that still see a high rate of these behaviors... you are the only common link in your games. You might want to reflect on why a large majority of players don't see the same things you do.
half of these players havent even been playing for a year now.

Nores

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

I never seen much of 1/30 or such intentional feeders and I dont care about slurs(mute button works wonders). What I care about is afk/leavers and there is just as many of them now as before. About 2-3 per 10 games. Its worse at lower elos

Quote:
Ehhhh I fail to see the "common link" as I dont leave myself . tribunal does nothing against leavers and leaver buster is just as useless as a year ago

And also every single rank game there is someone reporting someone for something. No exceptions.