Tired of Troll-Games? [Petition]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chasing Ghosts

01-16-2013

true increasing vote to 4 would make it slightly harder to abuse, but it can still be abused. groupthink is a powerful thing and can happen with 2-3 ppl influencing 1-2 or even 1 person effecting the other 3. and they do not need to be premades at all.

if 1 person is vocal enough about something the others who dont really have a opinion either way can support him just out of safety.

lets say a non premade game starts, i call mid and go AP sion, 1 guy thinks its absolutely **** and doesnt work at all, he starts raging saying ap sion is bad and i will throw teh game. the other 3 random players dont know much of ap sion and dont care but dont want to risk a bad game and follow the opinion of the first person. teh queue is dodged.

i used the example of ap sion, but you can put in many others like ap yi or even teemo mid, and same thing happens. once i even went mid with ap kennen and i had 1 person say i was stupid cuz kennen is weak as ****. i also had ppl throw fits when i go teemo top. so its not just abnormal builds, but can easily extend to unpopular champs.

Christin

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Ghosts View Post
agreed, but this system as is, is open to people forcing disbands based on personal opinion of builds and champs, which i know riot does not want to do. hindering champ selection will hurt gameplay immensely. some may say its worth it to get the game going, but they are short sighted. this will hinder the game progression as a whole. imagine if no one was able to develop ad bruiser nid because most solo/duo queue got disbanded when they proposed it, which im sure when people first started it, a majority of players looked down on them and thought AP nid was the only option. not saying ad nid would of never happened in this scenario, it would of just took longer and probably not developed to its current status.

i know that is not what you intend, but its vulnerable to it. if one can find a fix to this, then this system can take a big step forward.

sadly i have no solutions atm,
I'm not making this thread to TELL riot how to fix the problem, more of a way to make them notice the problem and pull from mine and other's ideas. BRAINSTORMING!

P.S. Bruiser nid is a beast, are we playing the same game?? Lol

Christin

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Agreed, we need vote system. In order to prevent people abusing it you do the following:

Require 4 man vote to kick someone. You will rarely see 4 people agree to kick someone who is not a troll or because they think the comp is bad. Will there be one or two people that think the comp is bad? Yes, but most people don't dodge because of that. Hell you will find it tough to surrender in a game when you are down 35 kills. 90% of the time you get the surrender vote cancelled 3v2. So please don't over exaggerate this. The majority of dodges come from avoiding trolls. Period. So yes, this would reduce the dodges.

Only have the vote system in solo/duo ranked. Not on in normals and of course not in 5 man ranked. Then you cannot have premades of 3 or 4 bullying queues. I also don't see riot using this as an excuse to not have a reporting system in place. You know how many times 4 mana queues in normals have threatened to report me falsely if I don't do what they want.
Very nice ideas, I'm putting this up on the front page.

Chasing Ghosts

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNK4g View Post
I'm not making this thread to TELL riot how to fix the problem, more of a way to make them notice the problem and pull from mine and other's ideas. BRAINSTORMING!

P.S. Bruiser nid is a beast, are we playing the same game?? Lol
seeing how this is a "petition" rather than a normal discussion thread, one may think you have more direct intentions.

im just pointing out a few things, hopefully someone can work something up.

and yes bruiser nid is great, which is what im saying, but before it became a common build, when everyone played nid ap, im sure people didnt like it because it wasnt seen much. i think you misread what i said. under a disband vote a lot of new builds would not develop, for example nid,

Christin

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Ghosts View Post
seeing how this is a "petition" rather than a normal discussion thread, one may think you have more direct intentions.

im just pointing out a few things, hopefully someone can work something up.

and yes bruiser nid is great, which is what im saying, but before it became a common build, when everyone played nid ap, im sure people didnt like it because it wasnt seen much. i think you misread what i said. under a disband vote a lot of new builds would not develop, for example nid,
I do, but I realize that riot is it's own entity and doesn't take our ideas to heart. At this point I just want to problem NOTICED and dealt with.

Riot tends to be closed door about their game. Have you ever even seen a player concept skin made a reality? We're never gonna see Voidling Fizz.

InsertDongerHere

01-17-2013

So happily signed

Christin

01-19-2013

bumped

zkmr

01-19-2013

My suggestion is that players can only vote yes for a kick when they haven't voted for a successful kick in the previous one or two champ select screens. Trolls are sure to be less frequent than this, and groups of 3 or 4 that kick a player will be unable kill kick future players until the reset.

Christin

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkmr View Post
My suggestion is that players can only vote yes for a kick when they haven't voted for a successful kick in the previous one or two champ select screens. Trolls are sure to be less frequent than this, and groups of 3 or 4 that kick a player will be unable kill kick future players until the reset.
This wouldn't be effective as they may be paired with the same troll repeatedly. In my idea, if someone continues to trollpick, they'll never get to play an actual game.

Zatsh

01-20-2013

I am 100% on with this, just now, someone said Bot, when you're bot you are either support or adc, he went hec, We ended up not having an adc, i even asked if it is hec support, cause maybe it was, doesnt say yes or no, just say he is hec