[guide] Singed, the Urine Guided Rokkit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemt

11-30-2009

Let other people hit turrets for massive damage. IMHO Singed should be there to make the enemy team run like rabbits.

thegamenet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Amazing guide!!! Dude, I totally added you into the lol wiki (www.thelolwiki.com)

Nice work.

Vert3X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Another question, does Singed get used in higher ELO games? I've noticed crowd control is a lot more important and characters that can stun are favored. In that case, wouldn't Malphite or Amumu be better choices?

condon

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert3X View Post
Another question, does Singed get used in higher ELO games? I've noticed crowd control is a lot more important and characters that can stun are favored. In that case, wouldn't Malphite or Amumu be better choices?
Malphite has a skin condition and Amumu is emo. They don't get to hang out with the popular crowd.

Redskizzers

12-01-2009

I play singed a lot, and this is exactly how I play him. Although I never just toss poison then run if I have the option, I always make sure to leave poison in their retreat.

One thing I do that you didn't mention is that while running through the forest from lane A to lane B if you waltz into a jungle mob then keep going on your way unless it's a golem they usually die by the time they reset (wolves, banshees, the tiny lizards by golem and liz) which is just free cash / xp imo.

I'm not saying to jungle, but if you're right next to them it doesn't hurt to lay down some purple.

(edit: Also early game if you find that you're faster then the person you just tossed (They haven't gotten boots yet you have +3) then you're 100% free to lay down some auto attacks from in front of them. And with your ult your melee attacks and poison do add up quickly. I used to play a game with only melee attacking maybe... 4 times in the whole game. But then I decided to try it out and my early game kills increased by 3-4 just like that. Your poison doesn't deal extra damage if they stand in it or if they run through it, it just constantly reapplies, so if you're going to be able to reapply before it drops anyways you're wasting free damage by not attacking. Note I never said you should ever buy an item with +dmg on it. Try it I speak from experience.)

condon

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskizzers View Post
I play singed a lot, and this is exactly how I play him. Although I never just toss poison then run if I have the option, I always make sure to leave poison in their retreat.

One thing I do that you didn't mention is that while running through the forest from lane A to lane B if you waltz into a jungle mob then keep going on your way unless it's a golem they usually die by the time they reset (wolves, banshees, the tiny lizards by golem and liz) which is just free cash / xp imo.

I'm not saying to jungle, but if you're right next to them it doesn't hurt to lay down some purple.

(edit: Also early game if you find that you're faster then the person you just tossed (They haven't gotten boots yet you have +3) then you're 100% free to lay down some auto attacks from in front of them. And with your ult your melee attacks and poison do add up quickly. I used to play a game with only melee attacking maybe... 4 times in the whole game. But then I decided to try it out and my early game kills increased by 3-4 just like that. Your poison doesn't deal extra damage if they stand in it or if they run through it, it just constantly reapplies, so if you're going to be able to reapply before it drops anyways you're wasting free damage by not attacking. Note I never said you should ever buy an item with +dmg on it. Try it I speak from experience.)
Absolutely right in all respects, more things that you pick up along the way when you're comfortable with the character.

Krantar

12-01-2009

Posted by a true appreciator of The UGR. Bless you, sir. Bless you. You are a beacon of urine-tinted light in a world of sissy *****es. Hail the UGR!

Scyllz

12-01-2009

Lately I keep running into teams with decent Ryze's (eff him and his GD snare and volley ball), so as soon as I see him I start building a banshee veil. But I find this lowers my dmg a ton; is there a better way to stay alive AND put the fear of the UGR into him?

condon

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyllz View Post
Lately I keep running into teams with decent Ryze's (eff him and his GD snare and volley ball), so as soon as I see him I start building a banshee veil. But I find this lowers my dmg a ton; is there a better way to stay alive AND put the fear of the UGR into him?
Wait until hes standing near some of your own creep, to suck up ult hits. Or have one of your allies with a stun/silence chime in, or hide in the bushes, throw goo on him, then hook around to his run path. Usually he'll flee because he thinks a gank is coming, and if you can catch him on the move *or better yet, blue pilling* his reaction time will be shot and you can get a fling/poison in, forcing him to A) stand there trying to kill you and have his skin slough off, or B) Run, meaning you took him down to, at worst, half, and got away scot free. Usually though if someone is giving you trouble like that, just save him for team fights.

Phixation

12-01-2009

Cool guide been playing Singed as my main since I started playing. I have always gone the pure tank roll mainly because my teammates hate playing tanks so my item build is much different (last game I had around 4300 hp and buttloads of armor, not sure how much HP you get from this but I am curious.....but my damage output is laughable due to weak AP).

My playstyle is the same in terms of jacking full lanes and setting up kills, but my damage itself is so lackluster that my teammates have to do alot more work to get the kills. I am going to try out your build the next time I play and compare, maybe my new build. =)