Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etmas

01-18-2013

Does this effect bot game matchmaking?

Décéptìøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103percent View Post
I just started ranked and so far have had 4 awesome matches. Maybe it's the honeymoon phase and soon it'll be the elo hell phase, I don't know. But I know I'm never going back to solo blind/draft ever again with the quality (or lack there of) of the players I get matched with there.

So I would advise you to give ranked a try and see how it goes. It's been the best thing to happen to me since hitting 30.
You've just stated that you would not go back to ranked nor draft modes and your telling someone else to try it? I think the point here is what I have expressed https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1 here stating that ever since their patches has been going on for the last month, its made alot of people including me who have been playing since BETA of 2009 who have had these issues every time they wanna try something new, it breaks the system and you never see or hear them say that. They dont panic, they just slide to the left, slide to the right and look at the people who are already 1800+ Not saying they dont care, but it takes more people to speak out their feelings and i do mean people who have been with this community for a long time. Not just a month or 6 months, i mean at least 2 years to see the point, feel the point and understand that **** is broke and WE as the community want either two things only for now, the rest can come when they fix these major issues, fix the broken ELO's and keep the new starters with the new starters. Not the people that have 700 wins and matching them up with people with lvl 12 with 1 win. Are you F!@#! kidding me? Also, last final point, you cant sit here and say this is PRE-SEASON when we know what that means, it means a world wide public test before the actual season starts, so what ever you suffer, suffer more, when season 3 actually starts, o well!

Décéptìøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etmas View Post
Does this effect bot game matchmaking?
No, and its a great way to learn from beginners on to advanced players. Just because you ARE good, does not mean you dont have to play and learn or teach new things for yourself. Warding, Ganking, Farming and so on. Its suitable for all and should be taken more serious if Riot would ever make it that way.

But now Etmas, it does not.

Etmas

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST33LM0U5E View Post
No, and its a great way to learn from beginners on to advanced players. Just because you ARE good, does not mean you dont have to play and learn or teach new things for yourself. Warding, Ganking, Farming and so on. Its suitable for all and should be taken more serious if Riot would ever make it that way.

But now Etmas, it does not.
lol wat?

and okay.

Cyanide Velocity

01-18-2013

This is a great change, especially for those of us who leveled off of bots for a very long time.

103percent

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST33LM0U5E View Post
You've just stated that you would not go back to ranked nor draft modes and your telling someone else to try it? I think the point here is what I have expressed https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1 here stating that ever since their patches has been going on for the last month, its made alot of people including me who have been playing since BETA of 2009 who have had these issues every time they wanna try something new, it breaks the system and you never see or hear them say that. They dont panic, they just slide to the left, slide to the right and look at the people who are already 1800+ Not saying they dont care, but it takes more people to speak out their feelings and i do mean people who have been with this community for a long time. Not just a month or 6 months, i mean at least 2 years to see the point, feel the point and understand that **** is broke and WE as the community want either two things only for now, the rest can come when they fix these major issues, fix the broken ELO's and keep the new starters with the new starters. Not the people that have 700 wins and matching them up with people with lvl 12 with 1 win. Are you F!@#! kidding me? Also, last final point, you cant sit here and say this is PRE-SEASON when we know what that means, it means a world wide public test before the actual season starts, so what ever you suffer, suffer more, when season 3 actually starts, o well!
I believe you misunderstood me. I was talking about not going back to solo blind and solo draft. NOT ranked solo. I am currently enjoying ranked solo (as I mentioned). My attempts at playing in normal solo blind or solo draft (NON RANKED) has been abysmal. Literally my last 4 (non ranked) matches or so have been entirely ruined by trolls and players who have NO CLUE how to play the game and shouldn't be even remotely matched with the rest of the players they are playing with.

edit: Honestly, I feel like you should not be able to gain levels/xp off of bots. Bots should be exclusively for learning (and getting IP for new players learning). Bots are of almost ZERO help for when you get into a real game and it's leading to a lot of people getting to 30 w/o any real experience (or getting a lot of "wins") and completely screwing their team over in the process.

A Rabid Teemo

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebglarbu View Post
Will there be any way to disable this feature? As a relatively high elo player, (2171 elo, rank 173 on the NA ladder currently) queue times are already quite long, and a lot of high elo players have varying numbers of wins, along with the numbers of wins not really mattering at this elo. For instance, Flaresz has about 150 more wins than WildTurtle, but their elos are pretty close to each other. Although I'm thankful for this feature, I feel it should be optional as to not further increase queue times at high elo.
150 is meaningless...............

Nicksiren

01-18-2013

Riot/Lyte I have a big problem with this. I have only really played 3v3s to get to my ~320 wins, but now I have wanted to try 5v5s.

Why are the number of wins of ALL queue types being taken into account when playing a certain maps instead of ONLY the number of wins for the mode you are queueing for?

I suck hard at 5v5s but I am fairly decent at 3v3s. When I attempt 5v5s, why should I be matched up against players who have similar number wins as I do, except they have wins ONLY in 5v5s? Many players do not play literally anything other than 5v5s, whereas I'm the opposite. This can be vice versa for the other maps too, for players who may play only 5v5s but try a dominion/TT game and get matched up against people like me who only have wins in our respective game mode. Why are you not simply just weighing specific game mode experience instead of an amalgamation of all types?

PS: I've had a running issue with honor ribbon problems for awhile now and have not yet had a response to any of the threads I've made for the past 3 weeks. Could you please check it out? Sorry for tangent.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post33605958

Décéptìøn

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etmas View Post
lol wat?

and okay.
i ment to say NO lol sorry

PissedoffBuddha

01-18-2013

I have to disagree with most people. I feel this change isn't fair. I worked hard in normals to get higher in normal elo. I was only 1300 in ranked but my normal was up at around 1575. I was finally playing with tough opponents and food teammates. These people had 2K wins and I only have 370, but I have so few loses that I was up there. Now I am back playing with really bad teams and its not fun. Don't matchmake people based on how many hours they play, that doesn't mean they are good. Match people based on skill.