The lightbringer change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashedLaundry View Post
It's practically core against Teemo and Shaco. I struggle to see when you'd build it unless you naturally build Grez's outside of those situations though.

Any AD jungler probably should pick it up though.
As I said, it's cost-effective, for health/damage/lifesteal/vision. It's useful on almost any ad. It's especially useful on ad-junglers. Often as I approach full-build I feel a want/need to sell it, because the stats just don't scale hard enough to keep very relevant (although the vision remains useful). This upgrade path helps.

The Tsak

01-16-2013

wait.. wait....
WAIT A MINUTE
is there actually someone complaining about teemo getting the short-end of the stick?
are you serious? didn't you read the agreement when you unlocked the champion? you know the part where you sold your soul? you're not allowed to complain lol

Lachrimae

01-16-2013

Teemo's the first champ I bought. I've used him like 5 times, since I've mostly played TT and hate him so much. The one mushroom that will go off on the corner of a bush before you see it is "balanced".

nMooSe

01-16-2013

"I know Teemos ult is OP on Twisted, but making it less OP is just wrong"

Simplified

SaveTheMaids

01-16-2013

There is no such thing as being too unfair to Teemo, especially outside of SR.

SLayerOfNOOB

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
It is totally unfair to teemo, but given the massive PITA that teemo has been for the last month or two, I'm okay with that. I disagree about building it out of grez's though; Grez's was already a good, efficient, item. Now it ALSO has an upgrade path, and hard-counters teemo? I'll get it OFTEN.
grez had its ad reduced by 5 and cost stayed the same so its less gold efficient now. WHich makes sense, cheap early/mid game items have to be gold efficient, but not if they can build into somethign better.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

a teemo player complaining about fair?

BUA HA HA HA HA HA

Nikratos

01-18-2013

It makes playing as Teemo more interesting, I think. There was some novelty about having your landmines covering the jungle, though. With no one countering my mushrooms it effectively gave me map control after level 6. The enemy couldn't gank or even make use of their jungle without hitting a mushroom that could take out 1/4th of their health.

The last game I played as Teemo, I got a triple kill/ace while I was at the shop.

Lumione

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikratos View Post
It makes playing as Teemo more interesting, I think. There was some novelty about having your landmines covering the jungle, though. With no one countering my mushrooms it effectively gave me map control after level 6. The enemy couldn't gank or even make use of their jungle without hitting a mushroom that could take out 1/4th of their health.

The last game I played as Teemo, I got a triple kill/ace while I was at the shop.
This, for so many reasons. Here's a teemo player acknowledging the characters strength and NOT whining about an item meant specifically to blunt what any reasonable player views as unbalanced map (not just control, but) dominance.

Previously playing against a teemo was lose/lose. Burn 1 to 2K gold on oracles or give 1 to 2K gold to the enemy team by playing too passively or dying to ganks. Either way, the enemy team wins.

ZenithZephyr

01-19-2013

It's bull****, but look at QSS shutting down suppression champs, Mord, Zed, Vlad and basically all delayed effect ults. Or Zhonya's Hourglass/Wooglet's shutting down all the delayed effect ults and Fiora. You can use Zhonya's effect to wait out Kayle ult, dodge amumu ults, caitlyn, karthus, ziggs. Going further, these effects can be used to counter many other things (non-ult CC, ignite, stall in team fights, etc), and the Lightbringer only counters the non-ult effects of less than a handful of other champs who likely aren't on the same team as Teemo anyway.

It happens.