Skin: Treasure Hunter Volibear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

01-18-2013

Like with the Soraka skin I created, I had a decent influx of people ask for me to create a Volibear skin, so I created this. Because who doesn't want Volibear in an Indiana Jones-esque outfit? Probably a large handful of people... but the others might

Introducing Treasure Hunter Volibear
*cue Indiana Jones theme*

Concept Art

Attachment 595068

Note that this is a very early concept, and will be hopefully coloring his art soon. I am working on finishing Stormcall Soraka first, though, so I might not get to coloring him until I have her splash done.

Ability Particle/Sound Changes:

Rolling Thunder could make a sound similar to that of a rolling boulder.

Frenzy would likely be about the same.

Majestic Roar could be a whipcrack.

Thunder Claws could have a slight particle and color change, perhaps to gold.

Anyway, the skin idea is still in development, and I know you guys probably want to see some color pictures. I am endeavoring to complete some proper art as soon as possible

~Enjoy

--------------

Other skin ideas:

Wolfman Draven

Firedancer Draven

Stormcall Soraka

senatorwolf

01-18-2013

+1. Though I wouldn't buy new voli-skin unless riot showed him some rework-love, as he seems a little on the weak side.

King GrimPhenom

01-18-2013

I don't like the character

But what the hell if Riot catered to everything that I specifically liked then Trynd would be usable

Anyways good skin

+1

Spookypatrol

01-18-2013

@senatorwolf: I swear you're the first person I've ever heard say that, haha. He's definitely weaker than when he came out (taking aside the obvious nerfs intending to do that, I'm more or less talking about where he stands now with the season three items and new champs, etc.) but I don't particularly consider him weak. He's just easier to counter now, mostly because people know what to do against him.

@GrimPhenom: Thanks Glad you like the skin even if you don't like the champion, haha. Always more of a compliment that way.

Spookypatrol

01-18-2013

I'm almost done with Stormcall Soraka's "splash art" so hopefully I can start working on Voli's. I don't know that I'll be instantly doing a splash art for him, although I do have a decent idea in mind for the pose if I can do it correctly, but I'll definitely work on some colored version of the art once I'm done with Soraka.

SomeCallMeEd

01-18-2013

I'd instabuy it, heck even if it was legendary I'd instabuy it.

Love the bear!

antikatze

01-18-2013

good idea
+1

WarDòg

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorwolf View Post
+1. Though I wouldn't buy new voli-skin unless riot showed him some rework-love, as he seems a little on the weak side.
May just be me but I have done okay with Volibear. Not AMAZING but pretty well and my teammates really like it when I play him. The skin idea would be cool. Ezreal and Volibear both complaining about Noxians.

Spookypatrol

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDg View Post
May just be me but I have done okay with Volibear. Not AMAZING but pretty well and my teammates really like it when I play him. The skin idea would be cool. Ezreal and Volibear both complaining about Noxians.
Yeah I don't play Voli on SR frequently but I have a friend who does and typically does great. I personally play him a lot on TT and occasionally get him in ARAMs and always do well, but he is quite situational.

Anyway, back on topic to the skin, yeah, a Voli/Ez combo with this skin would be pretty great to see XD

Knight of Dusk

01-18-2013

BRILLIANT! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes." as a hidden passive when around Cass is a must!