been watching anime for 8 years, death note still #1 imo....thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

>Homestuck
>anime

Einheria Valesti

01-17-2013

>vocaloid
>anime
>being half decent

Vocaloid is crappy electronic voices with music. There's some random anime shorts but no actual show. Unless you're counting BRS

Duhizy

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootăloo View Post
You're not stupid cause you like it, you're stupid for saying there's been no other classics released in the last ten years other than Naruto/Bleach

anyone who has even the faintest idea of anime or enjoys it in the slightest knows that none of those 3 shows are classics. They're popular but once they're over they'll be forgotten pretty fast. There's nothing special about them at all. They are the very definition of weeaboo traps.

Easy to swallow, doesn't pack a punch, about as deep as a puddle and half as interesting.
I'll admit that Death Note is a little better off than the aforementioned atrocities but not by much. It's quality dips incredibly low during its 2nd half
well i suppose that steins gate, full metal alchemist brotherhood, fate/zero, sword art online, hunter x hunter 2011(ye i know its a remake) have what it takes to be comparable to death note, but i feel that the reason the 2nd half of death note had to be played out as it was because the author wanted light to die, displaying the degration of his mental state after his father died and how it further lead to his defeat.

i suppose i should have called this the best animes of the last decade because death note cant compete with others like dragon ball. Id like to know what you then consider to be the classics of our decade and how in gods name you though death notes story wasnt deep enough.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
>Homestuck
>anime
Quote:
>vocaloid
>anime
>being half decent

Vocaloid is crappy electronic voices with music. There's some random anime shorts but no actual show. Unless you're counting BRS
Let me get you two in on a crazy, little secret...

I was joking.
I've only ever watched Macross Frontier, Rozen Maiden, and the first half of Sword Art Online.

Einheria Valesti

01-17-2013

Steins gate is fantastic, FMA:brotherhood is great. Fate/zero is alright, SAO is god awful trash, yet another weeaboo trap, and Hunter x Hunter is a classic which is even better than before.

Death Note went from "passable" to "what's even the point" when L died. Nothing after that is worth mentioning.
You're forgetting to mention Madoka Magica, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The rebuild of the Evangelion series in movie form, Eureka 7 and countless other shows that aired since 2003, all of which are better than the combined sum of the shows in your OP

Einheria Valesti

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
Let me get you two in on a crazy, little secret...

I was joking.
I've only ever watched Macross Frontier, Rozen Maiden, and the first half of Sword Art Online.

I figured, never really got into homestuck but it looked alright. Vocaloid is just annoying. I love electronic music but their voices... arghghsfhsh

Worstcase

01-17-2013

Quote:
I figured, never really got into homestuck but it looked alright. Vocaloid is just annoying. I love electronic music but their voices... arghghsfhsh
Never even read any of Homestuck and there are a couple song that I like from Vocaloid as I'm fan of electro, but I'm not a over-glorifying fan of the Vocaloids or anything.

Quision

01-18-2013

OP, stop making dn fans look bad

Uggie

01-18-2013

Cowboy Bebop

Now and forever my #1 anime

the flail

01-18-2013

Here is Greenwood. It's a really fine example of slice-of-life style anime.

The anime is short (only six) but cute in it's own way, the manga is nine volumes long and fantastic, and the live-action version is ridiculous.

I agree with Nibs, when L died, I got insanely bored with it. I haven't even bothered with about the last 15 episodes.

Also, One Piece. Everybody and their grandmother (quite literally) watches that show in Japan.