@Riot please help me out with this honor issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Awhile back I earned the Great Leader ribbon as well as many of the other ribbons. However, during a day of only playing custom games (primarily ARAM) I had my displayed ribbon changed in-between games. I made a thread of this under bug reports but did not get a response. Later, I talked to Riot member Status Kwoh about the issue where he reiterated that Honor is not supposed to be changed by custom games, however my experience with it has shown me otherwise.

It was my understanding that this issue was addressed or at least looked into after I contacted Status Kwoh. However, recently I've had similar issues that give me doubt. So my question is this: Is it possible there is still a bug that takes custom games into account (perhaps the number played, etc.) when calculating honor ribbons? I primarily play custom games during the day, so I don't understand why my honor ribbons keep changing. Can I please have some context into why this problem is happening? Thanks.

For reference here is my initial thread in the bug report section:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2843444

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Hate bumping my own threads.

Nicksiren

01-18-2013

Bump.

Nicksiren

01-18-2013

Bump~

Nicksiren

01-18-2013

Bump, Could I have a response please?

TastyBeeBurgers

01-18-2013

As an alternative, you could send in a support ticket. At the very least, you'll get an email..

Nicksiren

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBeeBurgers View Post
As an alternative, you could send in a support ticket. At the very least, you'll get an email..
Hmm I could try that. I just figured Riot would be happy to shed light on the issue, or at least ACKNOWLEDGE this thread topic I've been putting up in the forums for the past 3 weeks...

Ragnar Draconus

01-18-2013

From my understanding on some scattered red posts, they have been doing some tweaks on the amounts of honor it takes to achieve certain ribbons. I can only put forth a guess that maybe the latest patch changed something like this, causing your ribbon to be altered.

That or there is a bug where custom games are counting against your honor to games played ratio, in which case I would encourage a support ticket, even though they can be slow to be resolved.

Nicksiren

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Draconus View Post
From my understanding on some scattered red posts, they have been doing some tweaks on the amounts of honor it takes to achieve certain ribbons. I can only put forth a guess that maybe the latest patch changed something like this, causing your ribbon to be altered.

That or there is a bug where custom games are counting against your honor to games played ratio, in which case I would encourage a support ticket, even though they can be slow to be resolved.
This originally started months ago for me, with the latest case happening about three weeks back. I am inclined to agree about your second part about it being a bug associated with custom games being taken into account for the ratio of games played, but since Riot keeps the mechanics of honor hidden from players it's so hard to be sure -- this is why I really wanted to contact Riot about it.

Thank you for your post, I think I will put a support ticket in.