Picking role before entering champ select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ron Swonson

01-17-2013

So as of late, I have been getting ALOT of people who say nothing, and take the role others want or you want. For instance, someone calls mid, someone else just insta locks in as a mid, then goes mid when the game starts. I think it could be very helpful to better the game by putting in a role picking option when you select summoners rift, like you click summoners rift, press the play button. And before it start the timer to find a game, it asks what role you want to play. Now im sure there will still be people who will be that one dbag, but it would go down a lot. I think a lot of people would have many more wins if they had a option of what role they wanted to play. People would be playing what they like the most or what they want to learn. This is something that has been on my mind since I was like level 15. I just never got around to posting it.

adc

01-17-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432

GUYS

GUYS

I HAVE

GUYS

I HAVE A GREAT IDE

GUYS

LET'S MAKE

GUYS

LET'S MAKE ANOTHER POST!

HIER0

01-17-2013

Would increase the queue times hugely, especially for highly contested roles such as like mid/top/adc. Think World of Warcraft dungeon finder for a perfect example of this.

Its a nice idea that lots of people have suggested, but the problems far outweigh the benefits

A possible solution would be to create a separate queue system for this apart from the regular normal queue, so people who don't mind waiting 10-15 minutes for a game if they know they will get to play mid can do that if they want to, and people who are fine with the way it is can keep their 30 second queues.

But then of course you will inevitably run into people who queue as support/jungle for the fast queue times, then just go mid anyways and refuse to leave

Thats my two cents anyways

Ron Swonson

01-17-2013

thank you for your input hierolmperium, i agree with you that there should be a separate que for people who want to play a specific role. i didnt think about that fact that que times would go way up.

DarkUltralisk

01-17-2013

people get to the point where the assocate certain champs with roles and if your cranking out the games you forget that you need to tell people what your doing

i see that alot i wonder if people just don't have the apm to be talk to their team or the ability to focus on more then one thing

though i know its hard when i first started this game i tunnel visioned so hard \

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
IDE
Yup.

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Also, the forums are equipped with a search feature.