Radeon cards experiencing flicker with new patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Porfyros

01-17-2013

Same problem.
7970 GHz edition
Win7 64bit

And no, I refuse to install the beta drivers. I also play other games and don't feel adventurous atm. Good luck fixing it!

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalStealth View Post
you sir need to take the stick out of your rear and stop trying to let riot off the hook here. this IS an issue with RIOT because BEFORE this patch, league worked just fine. none of this happened until AFTER the patch.

this causes the problem to be RIOT's and not MINE because i have a radeon card. As you saw, some people are not comfortable with upgrading their drivers to beta because of their fear of screwing up their computer.

and i dont blame them for not wanting to.

Riot cannot tell the community to upgrade your drivers as a solution to the problem and sweep it under the rug. This is an issue brought upon us with this patch.

I understand it is your job to know the ins and outs of a computer, but i dont care how much you know about computers.

League before patch = perfectly fine
League after patch = getting this issue

that is all the evidence you need to place blame on them. Which is why riot should and is investigating a solution to this problem.

thank you and have a nice day.

i really dont understand why you have to be such a ***** to these people because they dont want to update their drivers to beta.

it is a calculated risk and while you may be willing to take it, some people aren't. that includes some people who are tech savvy and other who don't know much.
EternalStealth, here is the problem. You have a graphics card built by AMD that is utilizing the PCIe 3.0 architecture. You have a motherboard that does not have a PCIe 3.0 slot. Instead you are using a PCIe 2.0 or 2.1 slot. Are you with me so far?

The AMD drivers, are causing issues with backward compatibility. Riot is a video game manufacture that creates a game that SHOULD be playable on a computer that meets the minimum system requirements.

You are trying to use logic to place blame on Riot with

League after patch = getting this issue

This is a logic fallacy. Correlation is not causation my friend. it is people like you who exhibit persistent obstinence in laying the blame on Riot instead of accepting that the video card drivers that you are using are the root cause.

Before update to beta drivers = graphical glitches
After updating to beta drivers = no graphical glitches.

I have responded to you before with your 3 options if you do not want to use beta drivers. Buy a new motherboard that has a PCIe 3.0 slot, get a graphics card that uses the PCIe 2.0/2.1 architecture, or stop playing LOL. You continue to complain instead of fix the problem that lies INSIDE YOUR COMPUTER

TheCowness

01-17-2013

It's... an option to just wait for AMD to fully release the drivers that will fix this, waiting for them to come out of beta, right? I feel like you missed an important option.

Accugroove

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGameisFun View Post
I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, which has two PCIe 3.0 slots, why would mine still be doing this?
I also have an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Mobo, with an HD7950. I have the problem too.

Chocobuny

01-17-2013

Any word on a fix coming soon? Pretty much holding off until this is fixed. I know it may not look like much, but man it is distracting at times.

Yfrappefort

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboss View Post
SOLUTION TO SCREEN TEARING/ FLICKERING OVER ALL POOR QUALITY SINCE LAST PATCH REVEALED

Go to AMD website and update driver for your video card.
I just updated to beta driver 12.11 and it immediately fixed the problem.
This may have been caused by riot updating graphics but as far as myself and my friends who only run AMD.

I personally found that updating to beta driver 12.11 fixed the screen tearing.

I am running Radeon HD over clocked 7850 by Saphire Dual X. Windows 7 32 bit.

Here is the link to the driver.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista32.aspx

Latest Beta Driver 182 MB 12.11 Beta 12/3/2012 Download
Description:
Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.
Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewithin.
Please note that the Catalyst Control Center component of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta requires .NET 4.0 support.

I hope this helps!

P.S Help full steps for installing new driver:

1. First download the driver.
2. Next locate driver folder and select uninstall old driver through advanced settings tab.
3. Restart computer
4. Install new driver which should be located in your download folder
5 You will be prompted to restart, After restart enjoy playing League without tearing

Good luck!
I did this, and it worked for me, so thanks .

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalstealth View Post
you sir need to take the stick out of your rear and stop trying to let riot off the hook here. This is an issue with riot because before this patch, league worked just fine. None of this happened until after the patch.

This causes the problem to be riot's and not mine because i have a radeon card. As you saw, some people are not comfortable with upgrading their drivers to beta because of their fear of screwing up their computer.

And i dont blame them for not wanting to.

Riot cannot tell the community to upgrade your drivers as a solution to the problem and sweep it under the rug. This is an issue brought upon us with this patch.

I understand it is your job to know the ins and outs of a computer, but i dont care how much you know about computers.

league after patch = getting this issue

that is all the evidence you need to place blame on them. Which is why riot should and is investigating a solution to this problem.

Thank you and have a nice day.

I really dont understand why you have to be such a ***** to these people because they dont want to update their drivers to beta.

It is a calculated risk and while you may be willing to take it, some people aren't. That includes some people who are tech savvy and other who don't know much.
this.

Capt BonerHard

01-17-2013

im not gonna get beta , i play other games as well and they all run fine , something happened in this patch that is making everything go crazy

Axraii

01-17-2013

I have an ATI RADEON HD 6870 Double Disipation and I have bugs now too

F3nderMan

01-17-2013

i got the same problem like the photo, i hope it will fix soon!
i have a Radeon hd 7870 :c