Another Eve thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hadukan

01-15-2013

Evelynn the Widowmaker changes

• Mana cost increased to 16/22/28/34/40 from 14/18/22/26/30
  • Bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
  • Ravage
    • Damage reduced at later ranks to 35/55/75/95/115 from 35/60/85/110/135
    • Bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
  • Agony's Embrace
    • Damage changed to 15/20/25% of the target's current health from 15/20/25% of their max health
    • Cooldown increased to 150/120/90 seconds from 120/90/60
    • Cast range reduced to 650 from 800
Hate Spike: I don't agree with this. Where your Q is your farming tool being punished for having a very low damage spell early game to farm with instead of standing in melee range with no way to defend or harrass and having to auto attack to farm. A little rediculous. If it was changed to something like 16/18/22/28/36 it would make more sense. You're not punishing the early game this way you're allowing her to continue using the only farming method she has without punishing it early game. And still scaling it's late game back so you don't have indefinite mana.

Ravage: Agree'd If I max by level 9 I can 1 shot an ADC with just this spell. Was over the top hitting for (135+AP)+(135+AP) Usually don't max till 13. But it was still in need of a nerf.

Agony's Embrace: Cooldown. I agree with. I love playing Eve I find that being able to use my ult twice in a fight is quite broken.

Cast range. I constantly find myself flashing over a wall into a turret just to snipe with my ult to pick up a kill since I couldn't make it intime to save the player. So I don't quite agree with this change. However reducing the range to be within stealth range is understandable and within reason and logic.

Damage. I disagree with this in every inch of it's form. This alone contridicts Eve's playstyle. Eve is ment to be a stealth assassin that punishes players for going off alone or decimates players after a fight has started. Changing the way this ult scales (%max - %current) Means Eve is no longer a stealth ASSASSIN. But now a stealth TANK. Due to the fact that you now HAVE to open with your ult or you and your whole team is punished for it by it doing no damage half way through the fight. You have to be the second if not the first person in the fight. You can't use your stealth to Sneak up behind people after they've been weakened by the fight and start the "Assassin" role. You can no longer punish players who roam alone since your DFG and Ult now negate eachother rather than being a huge burst method. While I do agree that Eve needed a "slight" tweak. Reducing her damage output by atleast 20% and changing her entire playstyle from Assassin to Tank is well over the top and completly unreasonable.

Evelynn the Unbalancable champion!
Started as a jungler that completly made every game one sided!
Got nerfed to be the most useless and unused champion in the game.
Two years later got a remake and made her viable as a mid champion! (Hurray for Eve fans)
Got a nerf to negate the brokeness of her 1hko'ing the ADC and anyone near him with DFG+R+E+Q.
Now Getting another remake! No longer an Assassin! Eve is now a Stealthed Tank.

You may see this as needless rage/Ranting. However Evelynn could very easily be balanced. (not nearly as easy to program these balances. But significantly better than making her a tank)

1). Nerf her Ult. From %Max health to %Max health of the Highest hp target and 3% less for every target hit there after. So 25%-22%-19%-16%-13%
This means your ADC will be hit the least. And your frontline will be hit the hardest. While allowing her to punish anyone who roams alone. Keeping her assassin nature as well as making her choose between decitmating one target in teamfights or Taking the max shield to sustain longer.
2). Nerf her E. Reduce the base damage as this patch would.
3). Nerf her W. Reduce the buff up time by .5seconds. Increase the c/d by 1 every rank. Change the Reset to Once every 5seconds so you cannot go Katarina style!
4). Eve just became balanced while keeping her Assassin nature and fun playstyle. She's a threat to the whole team when played well, and goes down hill from there.

If you're going to nerf Eve the way you have. You might as well change Cho's Ult from True Damage to Magic Damage over time, but must remain within 300 of the unit for full effect. That's basically what you're doing to Eve. The only difference is cho is naturally beefy. With Evelynn you must make yourself beefy.

Though these are my thoughts. Whether or not you'll take them into consideration or the community will agree, disagree, or agree to disagree is completly up to all of you!

Anyone with comments regarding the Eve changes or my suggested changes please do speak.

TL;DR Eve changes over the top. Please buff R back to Max hp and scale it down for amount of targets hit.

Octavice

01-16-2013

Wasn't it before where Evelyn's job was to make fights 4v5? but now I just find she snowballs the entire team. I wouldn't use the ult to deal dmg based on highest Hp champ though, like a malphite with 6 warmogs and she'd pretty much kill the entire team in 1 shot :P(Highly unlikely for 6 warmogs, just example) but I think personally that's she's at a good state where they want Evelyn's to border being fully AP or fully AD (possibly Hybrid?)

Hadukan

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavice View Post
Wasn't it before where Evelyn's job was to make fights 4v5? but now I just find she snowballs the entire team. I wouldn't use the ult to deal dmg based on highest Hp champ though, like a malphite with 6 warmogs and she'd pretty much kill the entire team in 1 shot :P(Highly unlikely for 6 warmogs, just example) but I think personally that's she's at a good state where they want Evelyn's to border being fully AP or fully AD (possibly Hybrid?)
It wouldn't one shot the whole team. If Malph has 6 Warmogs and it hits Malph and Kog that has no hp Items. It would do 25% %max to Malph then 22% Max of Kogs hp to Kog. Scaling down.

Hadukan

01-17-2013

Tried to play a game as Eve. Lone behold. You either tank or you tank. Eve is no longer a Damage Dealer/Assassin She's an AP Bruiser at best. I feel bad for all of us Eve fans that yet against have to wait two years before eve becomes Viable again. =(

Hoshizora Kirara

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadukan View Post
Tried to play a game as Eve. Lone behold. You either tank or you tank. Eve is no longer a Damage Dealer/Assassin She's an AP Bruiser at best. I feel bad for all of us Eve fans that yet against have to wait two years before eve becomes Viable again. =(
It was good when it worthed playing Eve, time to play another champs instead.

Hadukan

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshizora Kirara View Post
I know. Should just go eve top as a tank. Would be better.

Beija

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadukan View Post
Snip
If I told you that all RIOT needed to do was give her ult flat damage + Current health that things would be MUCH better, would you believe it?

Contrary, they decide to just.. End her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshizora Kirara View Post
So very sad!

Hadukan

01-21-2013

It is sad. Eve is now unviable unless the other team is useless or feeds.

Jalian

01-21-2013

Eve 2013

Hadukan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalian View Post
Eve 2013
Eve 2013=Eve 2010-2011 revisited?