Should Goth Annie be available for regular purchase outside the Digital Collector's B

Yes 984 50.64%
No 959 49.36%
Voters: 1943. You may not vote on this poll

Do NOT Sell Goth Annie Separately from the Collectors Edition Bundle Riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornAlavarn View Post
No, just because a skin gets reworked doesn't make it new. If it WAS then Nidalee's 520 skin would have been turned into a 975 one, right? And same with any of Annie's skins that are that cheap.
Leopard Nidalee wasn't part of a Collector's Edition Bundle for years. On top of that Legacy Skins were all 50% off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

The prices of things go down over time. Goth Annie was, at one point, one of the few skins in the game. I actually was gifted the collector's edition that came with it, which is what got me into the game. It was just a recolor, nothing really all that special to me. Honestly, given the quality of other Annie skins and skins in general these days, I don't really think it's worth buying the collector's edition just for it unless you're a hardcore collector, and they obviously worked hard on the visual rework, so why not allow more people to enjoy the skin's new visuals?

So personally as someone that has the skin, I don't mind. Do you people get upset when you buy a game and two months later someone gets it on Steam for 1/3rd the price, too?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicodemous

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Goth annie is my fav skin for her, and I admit I like that I almost never see other with it... but Meh, I guess I just really don't care one way or the other OP, sorry...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akesgeroth View Post
The argument people are making is that they are not fine with the price and that they would like it to be reduced. That is up to Riot to decide whether they agree with them.

Your "The price shouldn't go down because I bought it at that price" argument has no logical ground, it's simply emotional. You'd feel cheated because you could have gotten it for less if you had waited. Problem is, you weren't cheated: You agreed that the price at the time was acceptable, and paid it in full.
The price is even more warranted actually because the skin isn't complete ****. It's a COLLECTOR'S. EDITION. BUNDLE. Goth Annie and Huntress Sivir have ALWAYS been in there. And if I waited? Nobody could've said when that bundle was released YEARS ago that they're going to wait until 2013 for Annie to be remade so the skin looks better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tom641

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Personally i'd just like to get the cool skin at a reasonable price, it doesn't seem fair to keep it away from everyone that doesn't have 3900 RP to spend just because it might become a little less special. It's a skin, it looks cool, and if the only reason you own it is because it's exclusive, you kinda have mixed up priorities. If you got it because it looks good, then why not let everyone else get it because it looks good, without charging more than Pulsefire Ez?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
The prices of things go down over time. Goth Annie was, at one point, one of the few skins in the game. I actually was gifted the collector's edition that came with it, which is what got me into the game. It was just a recolor, nothing really all that special to me. Honestly, given the quality of other Annie skins and skins in general these days, I don't really think it's worth buying the collector's edition just for it unless you're a hardcore collector, and they obviously worked hard on the visual rework, so why not allow more people to enjoy the skin's new visuals?

So personally as someone that has the skin, I don't mind. Do you people get upset when you buy a game and two months later someone gets it on Steam for 1/3rd the price, too?
They also reworked TF and all his skins, going by that logic should PAX TF be made available to everyone so everyone can enjoy the updated graphics? Bewitching Nidalee too? PAX Sivir when Sivir gets her rework?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
If you read through my responses you would look a lot less ignorant. I wasn't even saying Gothic Annie was Kitty Kat Katarina. I was saying if you replaced the Goth Annie and put Kitty Kat Katarina in instead or even gave her her own 3.9K bundle TONS of people would buy it without a doubt, and you know it. You shouldn't be able to buy it for cheaper because it's part of the COLLECTOR'S edition bundle for COLLECTORS. They put those skins in there for reason. Unless everyone who paid 3.9K gets refund it's unfair and absurd.
Again, we're selling more products than what the actual product is worth even Kitty Kat Katarina isn't worth 3.9k RP. Yeh sure some people might buy it. But they're only cheating themselves, and then if Riot decided to sell the skin alone, rather than with a bunch of useless junk, there would be a thread about that very similar to this one about one person who feels cheated even though he got everything he paid for, and someone is buying a part of the price but not getting the rest of the stuff. Again to my yogurt analogy. If you went ahead and paid for 10 of them and got 10 yogurts for 10 dollars as they said you would, are you really getting cheated if a person comes up and buys 1 yogurt for 1 dollar? Should they HAVE to pay 10 dollars just to get that ONE yogurt? You got what you paid for, so why are you complaining if people want an option to get what they want to pay for and trim the fat?

Oh, and before you say well if you buy a yogurt pack you can't only get one yogurt you have to buy the entire pack. Well yes, thats true, but they also sell them individually. And usually right next to the pack.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nosef

Senior Member

01-16-2013

If they put Goth annie in the store, then they need to also put Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, Human Ryze, and Huntress Sivir in the store too. If they do that, I'm cool with it.

But they shouldn't do that, because those skins were all part of a bundle deal- get the bundle or gtfo. At least you can still buy the bundle for goth annie. The others (excluding Sivir), aren't even available for 3900 RP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arc

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
They also reworked TF and all his skins, going by that logic should PAX TF be made available to everyone so everyone can enjoy the updated graphics? Bewitching Nidalee too? PAX Sivir when Sivir gets her rework?
And PAX TF costs $300 dollars


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicodemous

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed Ruby View Post
I want Huntress Sivir so very, very much.

But I agree. I should have to buy the Overpriced bundle to get it. Not even being a ***** there, I literally believe that should be a requirement. (It's also arguably Sivir's best skin )
Meh, I have it...she looks ok, but she also looks kind of derpy when she runs...