Should Goth Annie be available for regular purchase outside the Digital Collector's B

Yes 984 50.64%
No 959 49.36%
Voters: 1943. You may not vote on this poll

Do NOT Sell Goth Annie Separately from the Collectors Edition Bundle Riot.

1234511 ... 51
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.


GOTH ANNIE WILL NOT BE RELEASED IN THE STORE, HIPPALUS HAS CONFIRMED THIS. REJOICE GOTH ANNIE OWNERS!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=exclusive <- PROOF GOTH ANNIE IS AN EXCLUSIVE SKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2278349 I've been waiting for this for a long time, I'm not going anywhere.
Don't you dare. Some people paid the full 3900RP Prior to the refund SOLELY for Goth Annie, Keep Goth Annie and Huntress Sivir out of the regular shop. I'm going to put up a poll so you can get an accurate sense of who wants it and who doesn't want it. Do not sell out to everyone complaining because Goth Annie is now arguably the best looking Annie skin in the game. It went from being the worst to the best and everyone wants it now, we all bought this bundle for the full price and we knew how bad Goth Annie looked, but still wanted her anyways. This would not be fair to the people who bought the bundle because the skins were special to them, and I guarantee you all hell will break loose from original Goth Annie owners if a skin some people bought a bundle full of champions they already had just for a skin got sold to everyone in the store for a considerably lower amount. I will edit this thread with quotes supporting my topic as it grows so if you have any input on this please don't hesitate to post it.

-EDIT- Before you post, you need to realize the issue is not me wanting Goth Annie to be Limited Edition. The issue is she should not be sold for 975 or anything else when people have been paying for the full bundle for YEARS. If she were to be sold separately, everyone who paid the 3.9K should get a reasonable refund because she's a bundle-only skin. She has never been sold outside the bundle, and on top of that the Bundle is called the Digital Collector's Bundle. To take the collectible skin out of the bundle would be ludicrous. And on another note, Riot never stated they were even considering doing this, however people started making threads asking for it to be put INTO the store for purchase outside of the bundle, hence why I made this thread.

I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO BUY GOTH ANNIE, I'M SAYING IT'S NOT FAIR FOR PEOPLE TO BUY HER FOR A CHEAPER PRICE OUTSIDE THE BUNDLE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT HER IN HER RESPECTIVE BUNDLE FOR 3.9K. DO NOT TRY TO ARGUE THAT I'M ASKING FOR IT TO BE LIMITED EDITION, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. AND I DID NOT BUY THE BUNDLE SPECIFICALLY FOR GOTH ANNIE, BUT IT WAS MY BIGGEST INCENTIVE, I BOUGHT THE PACKAGE ALMOST 1 YEAR AGO.


1/28/13 UPDATE: GOTH ANNIE IS THE FIRST ALTERNATE ANNIE SKIN TO RECEIVE A SPLASH UPDATE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmwyso View Post
I think the activity of the reds on the forums disagrees with your point. Many of them even spend their working time here, in some sense, and many occupations discuss their actual occupations to us. Wookie spends much of his time simply looking at the messages us "kids" have to say about his occupation and what he should do to change it. Then he writes long messages, that take at least half an hour to make, because he wants us "kids" to understand the reasoning in his choices.

I would find it extremely offensive if Goth Annie got released outside of the bundle; I worked hard to get that skin. In fact, I mainly got the pack because of the skin in the first place. I had already owned most of the champions and had little reason to get it otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinithor View Post
Except that when i BOUGHT the pack i got it partly because it came with a skin EXCLUSIVE to that bundle. Just because the graphics got updated and it looks better now does not mean that everyone and their mother is entitled to get this skin separate from the bundle it comes with.

With this sort of mentality there would be no such thing as limited skins, because "Just because you were around when this skin comes out doesn't mean that other people shouldn't get a chance to buy it".

Exclusive skins should not be made less exclusive just like limited skins should not be made less limited because that is part of their appeal. Part of the POINT of skins in the first place is to differentiate yourself from other players in the game, when you take part of that away of course people are going to be unhappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
If they put Goth annie in the store, then they need to also put Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, Human Ryze, and Huntress Sivir in the store too. If they do that, I'm cool with it.

But they shouldn't do that, because those skins were all part of a bundle deal- get the bundle or gtfo. At least you can still buy the bundle for goth annie. The others (excluding Sivir), aren't even available for 3900 RP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Persona View Post
Then if you want Goth Annie, buy it at the full price. Everyone else who liked it enough has.

What makes you so special that you shouldn't have to pay as much as them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Then don't get it.

That skin was made for the people who bought the bundle. Either get with the program or stop complaining.

I didn't even buy the bundle but that doesn't mean I feel entitled to a special skin. The people who owned a recolor of Annie finally get a reward for being so patient and you want to take that away from them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
And then there is this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...+choice+bundle

Wherein someone wrote to support asking how to get the Huntress Sivir skin, and support answered the only way to do so is to buy the bundle.

The precedent has been set long ago... if you really want the Goth Annie skin, buy the bundle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
Buy the bundle if you want her. I like how many people are hopping aboard the bandwagon for goth annie when they didn't give two ****s before the rework.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Uzumaki View Post
I bought the bundle for the skin. You think that makes me dumb? lol. How dare you tell people how they should or should not spend their money. Have you worked a day in your life?

As for it being "worth" the money...I guess you've never been a collector of anything. 228 skins later, you can call me whatever you want but I'm an example of why you get to play this game for free.

@OP I agree, this skin should stay bundle-only. I paid $30 for the bundle, I want recompense if it's released to the store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
Actually, that would make you greedy. Let me acquaint you with the definition.

You think you should get it at a major discount while others were willing to put much more into it because they enjoyed the skin that much. Its not like they actively are trying to prevent you from getting it, they just want everyone to be on an equal level. But no, you think its ok for their money to go to waste so long as you get it cheap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evulpix

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Source on all Annie's reworked skins?

EDIT: I've seen the original skin rework,

haven't seen the rest. So if you could so kindly give a source I'd be very happy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

01-16-2013

If they won't bend on limited edition skins, I think we can trust they won't bend on these either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thougar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Meh...
Frostfire annie is best annie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

If they do then they better sell Black Alistar and Human Ryze in the store.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annie Bot

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thougar View Post
Meh...
Frostfire annie is best annie.
ty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akesgeroth

Senior Member

01-16-2013

I don't see the logic in your statement, OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

01-16-2013

riot's gonna do whatever it wants to.

why would it listen to kids who only think something is good because others don't get to have it. do you have any idea how selfish and immature that makes you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x GUNPLAY

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
riot's gonna do whatever it wants to.

why would it listen to kids who only think something is good because others don't get to have it. do you have any idea how selfish and immature that makes you?
pwnt


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
riot's gonna do whatever it wants to.

why would it listen to kids who only think something is good because others don't get to have it. do you have any idea how selfish and immature that makes you?
OP never said that you can't have it. OP said that you can have it but you have to pay 3.9k rp for it like everyone else did.

l2read

Edit: When the **** did riot even suggest or even thought of putting Goth Annie in the shop? She's not even in the store in the PBE, m8.


1234511 ... 51