More SFX that pop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3igenValuemeal

08-03-2009

I hear lots of great sounds, but at the same time, there are sounds that are so close to being amazing sounds. For example, Tyrndamere's spinning blade sound effect is candy for my ears. The same goes for Cho' gath when he devours something (sounds like he enjoys it). Those are unique sounds, memorable sounds, and they stick out in my mind. Other sounds, not so much.

When I listen to other sound effects like Rammus's Powerball, it has a spinning sound, but it lacks a sort of evisceral quality to it. I don't feel like it is going to cut something up like Tyrnd's spinning slash. Take Sonic the Hedgehog for instance. When you rev Sonic up, you can hear him getting faster with each push of the button. Don't get me wrong, the Powerball's sound is in the right direction. It has a sawblade quality, but I feel that with a an extra "oomph" it would get me the same satisfaction as the spinning blade. Keep in mind that I am only using the Powerball as an example and that what I am stating is simply a general overall feeling of the different sound effects in the game.

Perhaps a poll or voting system to see what new or old sounds receive the best responses?

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

08-04-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Awesome feedback 3igenValuemeal!

We're always interested to hear what sounds people are digging and what sounds are feeling 'meh' - even though powerball is a personal favorite of mine

As you play the game, keep the list of sounds you feel either way about coming and we'll be checking back in regularly.

Adamantium

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3igenValuemeal View Post
....The same goes for Cho' gath when he devours something (sounds like he enjoys it).
NOM NOM NOM! That's what makes playing him so fun!

Rev

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

I think it's that a lot of the offensive spellcasting sounds the same.
There are only so many variations of Whoosh! and Zap! I guess. They all kinda of blend together.