Which champions should get minor tweaks for Dominion?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Wolf

01-16-2013

Tryn needs some help.. I can see yi or fiora becoming very strong lategame, but tryns start is so terrible he cant get the extra oomph goin,

shy already has increaed fury gain right?

cho has a slight problem going for feast stacks unless hes bot, because youll want feast for damage.

Maybe nasus getting slight bonus on Q farm

other than that, aurawise i think this would help everyone else out... i think a slight mana regen buff all around, .scaling CDR equaling 10% at 18, maybe try some summoner spell CD stuff? or change the effect of some summoners around for dominion... like exhaust will increase damage taken by turrets and will slow MS and reduce armor MR

Super Explosion

01-16-2013

Though, a lot of these 'QoL' changes to be honest would likely be material gameplay changes.

I'm not sure there's too much along the lines of a usability improvement, with small gameplay impact, that is Dominion specific.

Though for gameplay changes-- in theory you could simply have stack champions acquire stacks over time. Nasus, Veigar, and the like.

Could work for Cho'Gath as well.

Increasing Tear stack rate as a function of time rather than (or in addition to) ability use may be helpful.

Morde is a bit of a different issue-- he doesn't necessarily rely on minions as much as he is simply more powerful near them. (Same with Trundle.)
Not too sure what you could do about that other than something like a Morde-only Dominion-specific buff to shield accrual.

FOODFOOD

01-16-2013

Kennen still doesn't seem to be in the best spot atm. I'd argue that Viktor is also a little clunky in fast-paced Dominion.

In regards to OP, Veigar and Sion lose out a lot without minions. Nasus is a little weaker because of it, but the rest of his kit compensates a little bit. He's just countered so hard.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, 5 times a day there's a new thread about Kassadin. Though you have keen powers of observation so I'm sure you've seen one or two or twenty.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Mordekaiser is relatively fine bot lane. He has the items needed to stalemate or kill a lot of match-ups, just has a rough early game. If you were to tweak anything on him, I would increase the amount of shield he gets from hitting champs, not minions. This would push him into a better place for top lane.

Quote:
Cho'gath, GP, Swain, and TF passives are all a bit weaker in Dom.

Basically anything with a passive that depends on having to last-hit minions to get benefit is weaker in Dom.
I disagree with Swain here. He actually has a strong enough kit to function without his passive.

Cho, GP, and TF do need some lovin though. But please, PLEASE do not increase Cho's sustain passive, I really don't want to deal with another Nunu. Nasus and Veigar could also use some help. Farming is somewhat rare on Dom.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-16-2013

As others have said, Champions that rely on minions and/or farming tend to lose some of their power. It would have to be taken on a case by case basis as some Champions who make use of minions (like Jax) probably wouldn't need a change since they are very strong already.

Here's a small list:
- Nasus & Veigar (Q farms from minions)
- Twisted Fate & Ashe & Gangplank (bonus gold from minions)
- Cho'Gath & Trundle & Swain (passive activating from minions)
- Jax & Amumu & Poppy (skill procs from minion attacks)
- Annie & Kennen & Poppy (building charges on attacking minions)
- Sion (building life from minions)
- Shyvana & Renekton & Tryndamere & Rengar (fury / resources from minions) [Probably not needed since relics give fury now]
- Mordekaiser (building shield from minions)
- Syndra (grabbing minions)
- Tristana (explosions from killing minions)

Probably a few others I missed. The only idea I could easily come up to cover all of them is maybe treat the bigger minions as more than a single one for purposes of gaining things. Like TF's +2 Gold would be +10 on it or something. Could also apply that to normal minions being worth 2 or 3 or a variable amount depending on each Champion. Wouldn't lead to a huge burden of knowledge since you'd just know "killing minion with X skill is going to give me a reward" -- as for how much that reward is the player doesn't need to directly know for their calculations on using the ability.

KaWraith

01-16-2013

Cassiopeia has a super buggy ultimate: any chance that could get fixed on SR and Dominion?

Bootystrap

01-16-2013

Swain is fine. GP needs a buff. Trynd needs a buff.
Mebe Trundle too.

There are plenty of champions that, in my perspective, need buffs to simply become relevant. In the current meta they may not be potent, or feared, but they still need to enter a stage of relevancy.

David12596

01-16-2013

It be really nice if Trundle's E can deal one true damage like it does and SR and stops enemies from capping points.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

01-16-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Cassiopeia has a super buggy ultimate: any chance that could get fixed on SR and Dominion?
Explain. What bugs?

konfetarius

01-16-2013

I just watched that game. KaWraith just missed a billion Cass ults.

Quote:
Probably a few others I missed. The only idea I could easily come up to cover all of them is maybe treat the bigger minions as more than a single one for purposes of gaining things.
Cool idea in principle. Is it technically feasible to just double the gains on minion kill/death mechanic?

12345612 ... 17