Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreekAsTheGods

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post
I hope I didn't sound harsh, because I genuinely do believe you bring up (at least) a better point than a lot of people who have claimed to think the theme isn't a great idea. Pretty much the sum up of my argument is that it doesn't particularly matter if the idea is a no-brainer so long as people do like and want it.

Anyway, thank you, I'm glad you do believe it's accurate and looks nice regardless. As I've stated, I don't expect to win everyone over with the skin, (I never expected in a million years it would get this popular, at that.) but I do feel the necessity to explain and defend myself if I feel a respectful argument can be made.
that's not harsh at all ">_> especially in the realm of the internet.

Spookypatrol

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekAsTheGods View Post
that's not harsh at all ">_> especially in the realm of the internet.
Touche, good sir.

I do try to avoid complete jackassery, haha. In doing so I generally either come out sounding like a wuss or (as is far more often the case) completely over-justify really minor things. *shrug*

MDPLTeemoBotEsqV

01-16-2013

Legendary Draven Skin?
Legendary Draven Skin.

Gotta ask though, when you use his animations (dance, joke, etc), where is that axe hooking in to? What with him not having clothing and all, unless his hair just wraps around the handle while it hangs on his back.

(Public Notice: The preceding question was not serious and does not require being answered. Thank you for noticing this public notice. Your noticing it has been noted, and will be reported to the authorities.)

Spookypatrol

01-16-2013

Oh the restraint it's taking to not answer your un-serious question, Captain Sharkbait...
Through the sheer power of awesomeness!
Damn.

(Side note: The skin isn't intended to be Legendary, especially since I didn't plan on any voice or dialogue changes, or major animation changes past particle effects and perhaps a different recall/taunt, all of those which are within the quality standards of 975 or at worst 1350s.)

Armed Weasel

01-16-2013

I hope this gets put in the works. I love Draven, probably my favorite champ, and this is a skin I would buy.

Spookypatrol

01-16-2013

Thanks! Looks like we'll still be waiting a while though. As I've stated earlier though, in a way it's potentially a good sign that Draven has yet to get a skin despite being "due" for one in relation to when Darius, Varus, etc got skins. Most fanmade skins aren't implemented until considerably after that champion would normally get a skin (so seems to be the pattern) and they usually don't receive other skins beforehand. I imagine this isn't always the case and is perhaps a false pattern, but it rang true for Battlebunny Riven, AstroNautilus, Pool Party Ziggs, and Headmistress Fiora. And I believe Headless Hecarim, but I'm not sure if that one was truly a fanmade skin or a coincidence.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

01-16-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

As someone who was once a firedancer for extra money in college, I approve of this skin. I am also deeply ashamed that I didn't think of it first. :P Well played, sir (or madam).

ShadyElf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
As someone who was once a firedancer for extra money in college, I approve of this skin. I am also deeply ashamed that I didn't think of it first. :P Well played, sir (or madam).
pics

Golf Chang

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyElf View Post
pics
or it didn't happen

Axium

01-16-2013

Lol man, at first I wasn't too into it. Then I started looking at some of the concept art, and it grew on me pretty quickly.