Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.89%
No 513 18.11%
Voters: 2832. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simplepain

01-16-2013

bumped let use this!

Zyite

01-16-2013

I tend to agree with this, although I can understand the logic behind the harsh punishments for queue dodging, sometimes it is just necessary. This is your ranking and time at risk here, we don't exactly want to spent 20-40 minutes wasting our time playing with a troll team.

OBITWIZZLE

01-16-2013

Yeah... if we can't dodge to avoid trolls, there has to be some method of removing them pre-game.

tiffybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

What's very likely going to happen is abuse.

For example:
Enemy team is stronger than mine, I could dodge and be punished for it... Or I could try to votekick someone and make them suffer instead of myself.

King Salomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulmid View Post
Even not taking into account the numerous good reasons not to implement a "kick option", this would completely defeat the purpose of the exact point you quoted from Yegg... The whole point of the harsh dodge pentalty is because of the rampant dodging and TIME IT TAKES FOR PEOPLE TO GO THROUGH Qs. This idea would literally just exaggerate the problem with dodgers AND kicks...
this. the enemy team outpicked you? just votekick someone so you don't have to dodge...

kraxirra

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBITWIZZLE View Post
Yeah... if we can't dodge to avoid trolls, there has to be some method of removing them pre-game.
Or just dodging ppl that don't care about their rating nor yours. I should not be forced to 'spend' my rating on people that don't give 2 craps about it.

RavageRose

01-16-2013

you'd have to be able to only vote to kick one person. this way less abuse can be used.

TheCøøkieMonster

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraxirra View Post
Sweet, now I will be absolutely forced to give my best role(s) to other people in the games where it matters most. Fun times.

Not true.

What we need to do is fix the pregame as well.... we need players to understand that yes meta does count.... but also that its not whether u call a position, but that you are countering or picking whats best for the team.

Call means nothing when you are trying to counter or pick for the good of the team.

Its hard to explain, but most understand that calling is childish and only states preference, not right to that position.

Hironshy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chreotha View Post
I agree here. Especially because Yegg talked about how too many people are dodging now; but there's still nothing being done about blatant trolls in champion select. Naturally you could just play through, call the trolls on their bluffs and actually force them to play the losing game so they drop to where they belong, but why should they be able to take you with them? There are legitimate reasons for players to dodge, and it feels like this and many other things Riot doesn't do "because they could be exploited" are only looking at how bad players could abuse them instead of how much it would help genuine normal players deal with bad players.
To prevent exploit: Make the guy who got kicked wait 1 hour before playing and the people who voted also get a penalty like20min or 30min whatever.Or give people only 3 votes a day. So you wont vote for the stupidest things.

Hironshy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
What's very likely going to happen is abuse.

For example:
Enemy team is stronger than mine, I could dodge and be punished for it... Or I could try to votekick someone and make them suffer instead of myself.
How do you get 3 or more people to vote on1 and the same guy when he does nothing wrong? If RIot also logs the pregame chat then you cant scheme anything through chat. The guy who got kicked could get the option to send this case to the tribunal with logged chat, chosen champs etc. Then people who wrongly kick players for nothing will get a ban. Problem solved.

Riot will need to make a lot of changes like logging pregame chat etc But if this wil prevent abusive use of kick vote then its worth it.