@Riot: Why does the new league system hide our Elo/MMR from us?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makishima

01-16-2013

this is a change to hopefully put an end to all the elo hell threads and is riots way of care bearing the 14 year olds that are to retarded to know they suck and are toxicly annoying and rude every game

Th3BlackK1ng

01-16-2013

First players ***** about changing the ELO system and now they ***** when something new comes out. I don't mind not knowing what my elo is. Gives people way less to work with in terms of trash talk.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Ryedon, I respect you, but the reason I don't play league competitively anymore is that it feels like a group of two year old expecting you to hold their hand, and if for WHATEVER REASON, they don't feel like it is happening how they imagined it, they threaten to tattle on you.

That, and I think it is safe to say that ANY champ in the gutter balance-wise for MORE than 2 years is, at that point, OBVIOUSLY the punchline to League's over all balance. I'm Broly, just sayan.

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with elo, or the mass circle jerk of E-peen. I can see how that could shoo a few players off, but I HIGHLY doubt that a significant number will pick up ranked because it is suddenly gone.

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

01-16-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Ryedan! Can you answer this?

Ok, so if all the following are true (which they seem to be from what I've read);

- Once you obtain a league (bronze, silver, gold, etc) you cannot lose it for the rest of the season.

- Elo is still there, and it's what actually determines match making still, not your current league

So my question is this:

What if I obtain gold league division I then proceed to lose 30 games strait. Will this still decrease my elo even though my "league points" don't go down at all?

IF SO, if I start winning again, wouldn't this make moving up in the gold league way easier because I tanked my elo to begin with and are being matched up against lower rated players while still being in the gold league?
It would actually make it harder to move up because your hidden Elo would say, "This guy deserves to be in a lower Tier, don't give him as many League Points until he proves otherwise. And you would climb slower until your Elo caught back up.

Small, reasonably expected losing streaks would not trigger this behavior, but abuse cases (intentionally tanking Elo to gain an advantage) would.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
It would actually make it harder to move up because your hidden Elo would say, "This guy deserves to be in a lower Tier, don't give him as many League Points until he proves otherwise. And you would climb slower until your Elo caught back up.

Small, reasonably expected losing streaks would not trigger this behavior, but abuse cases (intentionally tanking Elo to gain an advantage) would.

Wait.. thats exactly the oposite any el osystem works.
Elo system gives more points for wining games with oponents that are expected to be stronger... how is one going to progress if he s going to loose more points for games where odds are against him?

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

01-16-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
Wait.. thats exactly the oposite any el osystem works.
Elo system gives more points for wining games with oponents that are expected to be stronger... how is one going to progress if he s going to loose more points for games where odds are against him?
Elo system won't work any different, it will simply inform how we move you up or down in your Division. Elo is separate from League Points.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-16-2013

Quote:
Elo system won't work any different, it will simply inform how we move you up or down in your Division. Elo is separate from League Points.
oh.
Does this mean i will be still matched against same enemies as im right now becouse im at 1200 elo even if mi tier/ division gets higher?
I mean looking at this system i may get higher division/ tier even with 50% overall win ratio if i just win advancement matches after win streak.
So my elo might stay at about 1300 but i could get to higher tier.
Or i could potentialy get to higher tier, and than get loose streal resulting in my elo to go back to 1200(but tier is not decreased).Does that mean it that situation i would be matched against players with no experience as it is now, or will i get matched with 1200 elo players that are also that higher tier?

Im getting matchups completely independant on this new system, or wil i get oponents that are similar elo IN MY tier ?

Exying

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
I must know..

After the new changes to ranked, will everyones "rating/rank" be reset ?

Also, how will this new system help us players who are actually playing at platinum rank, but are stuck with people who barely know how to play the game in ranked ?

Last but no least... Any news on a kick from champion select button ? ^_^

Spew

01-16-2013

Boooooooooo

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exying View Post
I must know..

After the new changes to ranked, will everyones "rating/rank" be reset ?

Also, how will this new system help us players who are actually playing at platinum rank, but are stuck with people who barely know how to play the game in ranked ?

Last but no least... Any news on a kick from champion select button ? ^_^
I can tell you those.Your elo is not reset, it will tetermine which division/tier you start with, and your elo wil be hidden form than on.
as to vote kick riot said they are aginst it.